What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Washed the clubsport finally. Was meant to be a quick clean but it ended up taking 5 hours with a spray down with G101 and Tardis, then a wash, then a never-ending clay session, followed by another wash, a wipe down with IPA, and finally waxed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

Before:

After:

I've got some facelift inner lights on order to finish the rear end off, just waiting for the damned things to arrive :)

Soldato
Removed the lip spoiler from my boot lid, and added the "i" part of the badge, then machine polished boot lid.

8665640983_2092f58c9a_c.jpg

Soldato
Technically yesterday but finally finished changing the water pump, thermostat and radiator on the E46, wasn't a bad job with just a couple of niggles (trashed the head of one of the bumper bolts so had to remove the parts that hold the bumper to the chassis, got some stilsons on the bolt one I could get access to it, snapped it off so had to drill and tap the reciever :o).

Don't seem to be any leaks, so will put the undertray back on...might just borrow the local garage lift as it's a pain to jack the car up again.

Overall a bit of a bigger job than I thought and as I couldn't get much done in the week the cars been off the road for a week! Still, total costs around around £250, which is a fair chunk cheaper than a garage.

Soldato
I spotted a small amount of water a few months ago, which turns out to be a very common problem due to a poorly designed clip seal. I have been waiting for a sunny weekend to seal the area up.

Here's my fix.

Wet1.jpg

Wet2.jpg

Wet3.jpg

Its invisible unless you look really close. Hopefully this will prevent any water getting near those clips.

Back
Top Bottom