Z77X-UD3H Issues

Associate
Hi,

I got this board a few months back and always had a couple of issues which are now getting on my nerves. I get an issue roughly every 1 out of 3 boots where it will power on for roughly 10 seconds then reboot to other bios B for another 10 seconds and then 10 seconds later back to bios A then again to B and then will finally boot to desktop on bios A.

I have also had issues where in won't store a overclock, it will just keep loading default settings, even when I try loading a overclocked profile that has worked before it will just load default settings sometimes clearing the bios will fix this other times I have had to flash it.

Any ideas? I have tried the latest fully working bios and the even newer beta bios but have the same issues.

Associate
On this MB I have a problem that it will not reboot from the OS - it just turns off and then will not restart until I have unplugged and left for a couple of minutes and then turn back on. Is this a know issue? I have tried different power supplies that work fine in other rigs.

Caporegime
try with vcore voltage response set to fast and pwm phase control set to extreme,whether your stock or oc'd,it will help with stability

the bios's are a bit vague when it comes to saving the settings,you have to clear cmos or reflash the same bios to get it to save

Associate
I have also had issues where in won't store a overclock, it will just keep loading default settings, even when I try loading a overclocked profile that has worked before it will just load default settings sometimes clearing the bios will fix this other times I have had to flash it.

exact same with my h55-ud3h, no bios revision has ever fixed it seems the newer gens dont fix it either xD

Associate
mines always done it, every so often ill notice the bios showing 1333/2.66Ghz rather than my overclock and i have to go into the bios and set everything back, replaced the cmos battery a couple years back incase it was that, but didnt change anything, its not a big issue, its maybe every ten reboots and i only reboot once or twice a week.

Associate
nah, a failed o/c on this bios shows a little error message at the post screen i had a few of those when i tried to push for 4.0Ghz, but its not the same when it just quietly reverts to defaults.

Associate
yea, i couldnt find any info on it when it first happened either, i did test if it was oc stabilty too by setting it to a tiny 2.7Ghz o/c but it still happened, it may have been doing it since day one, but until i overclocked it i wouldnt have noticed since it was at defaults already, since its not too annoying i just let it be, at least i never get to forget my o/c settings!,

Associate
OP
Sorry for the delay, I have now flashed both BIOS's so they are now identical. I also changed PWM phase to extreme but could not get it to change the vcore voltage response to fast, when i try pressing enter to change the option it does nothing I also tried manually typing fast in the field but no joy. Since making these changes I have not had any issues though so I am hoping this done the trick. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom