Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19 - 23rd April 2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So Suarez get's fined and Liverpool release a statement saying he asked for his fine to go to the Hillsborough fund. How utterly ****ing laughable. Like that makes him a nice guy and all the fans will think he's made a nice gesture.

Did Tevez get a charity to choose when he got fined? So the club have ended up paying a charity instead of his wage. So they have tried to make him look good at their expense.

That will teach him.

Yes it has been commented on as being very crass to use 96 deaths as a method of saving face, can't say I disagree. I thought Liverpool got a new PR team in after the racism disaster!

Soldato
I agree but like Hangtime said the FA might not want this dragging over into next season so maybe just the remaining 4/5 games of this season....

Or 3 games and liverpool add a bouns 2 more to save some sort of face. But like its been mentioned using the 96 is very cheap. Oxfam would have been better.

Caporegime
Problem is because he's done it before and the Dutch FA decided on 7 games then that's the benchmark. If they give him less than The FA will be seen as well more useless than normal considering their normal disciplinary actions. As Pigeon Killer says I fully expect them to sort him out big time, it'll be 10+ matches.

Soldato
Problem is because he's done it before and the Dutch FA decided on 7 games then that's the benchmark. If they give him less than The FA will be seen as well more useless than normal considering their normal disciplinary actions. As Pigeon Killer says I fully expect them to sort him out big time, it'll be 10+ matches.

But its the FA expect anything.

Associate
Has anyone mentioned that Defoe did basically the same thing to Mascherano in 2006 and received a yellow card for it?

The FA let him off further punishment under the "officials had seen the incident" rule.

There's no doubt that Suarez is an idiot and has issues, but some objectivity from the FA would make a nice change.

Taking the yellow card that Defoe received as a precedent is clearly not a reasonable position to take, but anything more than a 3-game ban is too much. If the officials had seen the incident they would have sent him off. Anyone suggesting he needs to receive a ban of unprecedented length or that Liverpool should sell him need to take a step back from the situation and apply some perspective so they can make a more reasoned judgement.

It's not like Ivanovic has really suffered as a result, I don't think Suarez even drew blood with the bite, so why should the punishment be so severe? It's not like Ivanovic has been left with a career threatening injury.

Soldato
Has anyone read the report on the Beeb about how often adults bite one another? Bizarre.

A particularly choice quote was "He adds: "[Biting] is quite a niche thing."". No kidding...

Soldato

Dutch FA banned him for 5, Ajax banned him for 2 on top of that.

Soldato
Taking the yellow card that Defoe received as a precedent is clearly not a reasonable position to take, but anything more than a 3-game ban is too much. If the officials had seen the incident they would have sent him off. Anyone suggesting he needs to receive a ban of unprecedented length or that Liverpool should sell him need to take a step back from the situation and apply some perspective so they can make a more reasoned judgement.

Like hell it would, 3 game ban too much seriously WTF :o

Soldato
Anyway our team for tonight

MUFC XI: De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP
SUBS: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Buttner, Cleverley, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez.

Caporegime
Like hell it would, 3 game ban too much seriously WTF :o

When you consider the 'tackles' that get 3 match bans, or the violent conduct a bite isn't much worse than those, it is just plain ****ing retarded/weird/cowardly thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom