***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24162511 said:
That sounds like a terrible process, I'm amazed you think it having to send away your phone and WAIT for a replaecment 'couldnt be simplier' when you had bought it from a retail store!

Surely it could be simpler - you could have walked in and walked out 10 minutes later with a replacement device.

when my first bb8900 failed, orange delivered a brand new handset to me at work the next day. I didnt even have to go out of my way. Doubt i'd get the same level of service these days to be honest.

Associate
Bah, I've not been following this thread too well and though it was a comment about the phone's release rather than a S/W update :confused:

It does look like ST Electronics screwed HTC on this deal though.

Associate
Just ordered the silver one, have I done the right thing? lol

Absolutely, this phone is fantastic. I have sold my iPhone 5 on and moved over to this. The boomsound is superb, the car application is great as well, I even really like blinkfeed for just a quick snapshot of what is happening there and then. Love the design and feel of the phone. I have the black version myself but I also had the silver version for a week. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Soldato
Just an update. I checked the tracking of my repair from HTC. The device was received on the 19th and today it says 'Repair Complete'

Fingers crossed it comes back ok.

Wow, that was quick! Be interesting to see if HTC have rectified the faults on your phone. Do keep us posted!

Associate
[TW]Fox;24162511 said:
That sounds like a terrible process, I'm amazed you think it having to send away your phone and WAIT for a replaecment 'couldnt be simplier' when you had bought it from a retail store!

Surely it could be simpler - you could have walked in and walked out 10 minutes later with a replacement device.

I bought the device via the internet and like a lot of companies the highstreet side and web/telesales side are different businesses.

Plus mid week, even if it was possible I wouldn't have had time to visit a store, so this actually suited me better.

Man of Honour
I bought the device via the internet and like a lot of companies the highstreet side and web/telesales side are different businesses.

I bought my Sensation from eSave. After a day or two I noticed a pink tinge from the screen. I went to my local CPW who swapped it over then and there.

That is excellent service - posting it off is not.

Soldato
Plus mid week, even if it was possible I wouldn't have had time to visit a store, so this actually suited me better.

[TW]Fox;24164003 said:
I bought my Sensation from eSave. After a day or two I noticed a pink tinge from the screen. I went to my local CPW who swapped it over then and there.

He has a point about mid week working etc. If I've just finished work after a long day the last thing I want to do is go into a city centre, find a parking space for the car, go into a P4U and swap the phone. It'd be far easier to go straight home, check the post and find a prepaid envelope already sent to you. Obviously if there is a P4U on your way home with no faff with parking spaces then that's a different matter. However how often do you find a P4U in a place where it's convenient to park?

Man of Honour
If I've just finished work after a long day the last thing I want to do is go into a city centre, find a parking space for the car, go into a P4U and swap the phone.

That would, I agree, be annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as not having a phone whilst I sent it away in the post to get replaced, mind.

Caporegime
The speakers on this thing are just unbelievably good :cool: (not much difference in the first test)

Not to mention that he had the note II facing towards the mic as well where as in real world usage the speakers will either be facing away from you, would be using your hand to amplify the volume or you will have the phone lying flat on a desk, in which case the audio quality and loudness will be further reduced.

Bit concerned about the mic. situation, I hope HTC just pays nokia so that they can use the mic tech. :p Really hope they don't have to replace it with the standard mic. that is used in other phones/previous HTC handsets as it is nowhere as good :(

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24164324 said:
Not nearly as annoying as not having a phone whilst I sent it away in the post to get replaced, mind.

This.

I had to go for 3 weeks without my phone whilst it got repaired, only to find it came back with a nice dent in it. They had it again for another 2 weeks and said it was sorted - it came back with the same dent. They then decided to simply replace the handset and I had to wait another week for the replacement to arrive, only to find they sent me the wrong phone (also in the wrong colour). I wait another week and finally, after 7 weeks in total, the correct replacement arrives. I wasn't dealing with one of these third party online companies, it was directly with Samsung.

Soldato
Amazon seems to have stock today... but it's not saying when it'll be delivered which I think it usually does on the site so I'm a bit confused. Also they still have their lack of stock message up. So is it just a pre-order?

HTC One Stock Update
Please note--Due to demand, there is limited availability on this product. Stock will be on offer as soon as it becomes available.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24164324 said:
That would, I agree, be annoying.

I rather be without my new phone for 2-3 days than have to travel to a town centre mid week. The inconvenience of having to use my spare phone for that duration is less than having to go out of my way to sort out a phone. After all it's only a phone.

Associate
not out in uk yet, shouldn't be much longer though...........

I take it it's not something you can download from somewhere other than 'over the air'?

EDIT: I can't take it anymore. I've contacted mobilephonesdirect and tweeted HTC about the gap in my One. I could live with it but as I know everyone seems to be going crazy about it and getting replacements and such and knowing this can be rectified I now feel like it should be rectified.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon seems to have stock today... but it's not saying when it'll be delivered which I think it usually does on the site so I'm a bit confused. Also they still have their lack of stock message up. So is it just a pre-order?

It's not a pre order as they have stock and they'll deliver as per the delivery option you chose.

"Want delivery today, 23 April? Order it in the next 0 hours and 53 minutes, and choose Evening Delivery at checkout."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom