Recommend some phones ~£150

Caporegime
what difference does it make who it is for?

you wont get a better phone than a clone at that budget.

also if your going to go down the contract route, you would be better off buying a nexus 4 and giffgaff £10 per month goodybag.

Soldato
That G510 isn't bad. Nice big screen, reasonable battery and performance.

The 620 only the windows phone OS puts me off (but that's up to him if that's a concern with the phones his buddies have).

The G510 has only 512 MB RAM so it will be slow. I got a Chinese phone coming next week

N7300 with a MTK6589 Quad Core processor an 5.8 inch IPS screen\PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU
Dual Sim ect it's the same as a iNew i2000 all for £170 inc

Soldato
The best phone i could find a couple of months ago for this sort of price was the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Screen was vibrant and decent resolution, build quality seemed robust, from my short play around it seemed pretty smooth, though it may struggle with anything too intensive. Overall, for ~£130, I was impressed

Soldato
OP
That's precisely what I'm looking at for him. I've recommended it, and see if he likes it, if not.. then he'll have to plump up more cash. His father prefers the PAYG model to restrict expense.

Soldato
Does it need to be Android? If not then I'd recommend the Lumia 520. £99 plus £10 top up. Dual core, 512MB RAM but Windows Phone 8 will fly on it compared to an Android with similar specs.

Soldato
OP
Asda Direct. (hopefully not a competitor!). It's on for £122... but they give you a code for £23 off... even though it says it's expired, it still works.

He's ordered on now apparently, so see how it turns out. Thank you for all the recommendations, I think he was happier spending less, although I think the G510 was still a good shout at £130.

Back
Top Bottom