***The Official HTC One Thread***

Permabanned
This morning I found how hot this phone can actually get.

Threw a sleep app on it and decided to give it a go. Usually keep my phone in a dock during the day do I have the don't sleep when charging box ticked and screen brightness on full.

The combination of being on charge, full screen brightness on all night and the app running made it so hot you could actually burn yourself on it.
Phone doesn't seem to have been damaged at all, but something to think about.
It also is only 50%. Charged after 7 or so hours.

Associate
This morning I found how hot this phone can actually get.

Threw a sleep app on it and decided to give it a go. Usually keep my phone in a dock during the day do I have the don't sleep when charging box ticked and screen brightness on full.

The combination of being on charge, full screen brightness on all night and the app running made it so hot you could actually burn yourself on it.
Phone doesn't seem to have been damaged at all, but something to think about.
It also is only 50%. Charged after 7 or so hours.

Why don't you let it sleep? My S2 would probably melt if I did that

Caporegime
Hmm guys, interesting question... is it possible to stream a laptops audio via Bluetooth to the HTC One to use as an external speaker? Has anyone tried this? :)

Soldato
Impressed with Phones4U! Ordered at 12pm yesterday, and phone was delivered via Royal Mail at 8.15am this morning.

It's an absolutely lovely piece of kit. Screen is stunning. There are a few marks around the edges and the edge of the headphone socket is a bit sharp, but other than that seems pretty well built.

that's exactly what I did yesterday too! still haven't had the confirmation of shipping though, how long does that take? anyone know?

I didn't get a shipping confirmation, all I got was one email saying "order received" yesterday. Would have liked another one confirming it had actually gone out, but hey, they said 48 hours and I had it in less than 24 so I'm a happy bunny.

Soldato
Hmm, I dunno, on closer inspection I think it was just lint. The plastic around the top has some uneven edges, but basically I think the whole thing is fine... not perfect, but fine for me.

Caporegime
HTC insists Nokia's injunction won't affect the One's current stock, new mics in the works

-Nokia has NOT obtained an injunction in The Netherlands, or anywhere else, against the HTC One.
-The Dutch proceedings were brought by Nokia solely against STM. HTC was not sued by Nokia in the Netherlands.
-The Dutch injunction prohibits STM from selling certain microphones to any company other than Nokia for a limited period.
-The judgment against STM states that HTC can continue to use microphones already purchased from STM in its products, because they were purchased in good-faith. Nokia's attempt to obtain a recall of microphones already sold to HTC failed.
-HTC will transition to improved microphone designs once its inventory of STM microphones is exhausted.

I just love the macro shots that this phone produces!

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/354/imag0136t.jpg

Man of Honour
Impressed with Phones4U! Ordered at 12pm yesterday, and phone was delivered via Royal Mail at 8.15am this morning.

Concerning.

Ordered on Tuesday night. They said it would be sent yesterday but the postman has been and gone and Special Delivery is a guranteed pre 1pm service so it doesnt look like it's going to show up.

Caporegime
Supposedly update has arrived on vodafone handsets too.

Seriously hope network branded devices don't get the update before sim free devices again.........

Back
Top Bottom