chop stick users over let's say 35 years old

Soldato
Either my Mum or Dad taught me, can't remember not being able to use them. I would have been about 4 years old when I first used them in Hong Kong. I think Dad learned in Singapore from one of the locals and taught my Mum and then one of them taught me.

Permabanned
There's been this large glowing box in the corner of most peoples living rooms since the 50's (some have reported even earlier!!) that shows moving pictures with sound!

Some of these moving Picture shows, Lets call them 'Programs' have informative content on many things from around the world!.

I remember one of these 'programs' I thing it was called 'The Food and Drink Show' back in the dim and distant past of the 80's that showed how to use Chop sticks!

A little bit of practice, a lot of changes of shirts due to 'droppage' and I am now at the age of (nearly) 40 quite proficient in the use of them!!
I didn't see this episode of the food and drink show!

I'm doomed! I will never be able to use chopsticks!

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
So it seems before the internet people basically learnt stuff of other people IRL. What I suspected. You had to know someone who knowed someone who knowed someone was Chinese. The knowledge flowed from mother China. Or else you were lucky enough to catch that episode of "Food & Drink" being broadcast.

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
The other thing I've wondered about is eating spagehetti with a fork and a SPOON? I never use the spoon, wouldnt even know how.

Soldato
I'm 25 and didn't use the internet to learn... Not all of us are connected 24/7!

I kindly asked a waiter how to use them one time I was eating in a Chinese restaurant. He was more than happy to show me.

Soldato
I'm 25 and didn't use the internet to learn... Not all of us are connected 24/7!

I kindly asked a waiter how to use them one time I was eating in a Chinese restaurant. He was more than happy to show me.

Same here and now i will always use them when we ever go to a Chinese restaurant, rice and all :)

Back
Top Bottom