*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread ***

Associate
Being told mine will be delivered by Thursday at the latest. Typically the only day from now that someone is not at home to take delivery. No option to deliver to work either. Just hope they can deliver before then.

:(

Caporegime
Shame really as that would be an ideal chance for Samsung to show that they can design a decent phone, but I think you're right you won't see a different design until next year. Although if the rumours are true I'm looking forward to the Note 3 and how that will look.

What's with these shortages anyway? I thought Samsung said they went with the plastic design because it was easy to manufacture en mass? So why the shortages? I don't understand :(

It will be interesting to see how much Samsung will charge for the Exynos version and whether it will be worth it. No doubt the pros and cons of Exynos vs Snapdragon will rage on not only on this forum but other forums as well.

The thing is, Samsung have shown in the past that they can make really nice looking phones, yet they decide to go with the GS 4/GS 3 design :confused:

Doubt we will see any difference with the note III :p Maybe it will have a metal back or whatever but the main problem is their finish/design style, not so much the materials, no doubt the note III is going to be something special but it is unfortunate about the size (for me anyway) especially when they will be increasing the screen to 5.9" supposedly and the note II already has a pretty thin bezel so I don't think they can pull of a smaller device (in terms of length and most importantly width) like they did with the GS 4 and 4.9" screen......

Lol yeah exactly! Rather amusing how some people were giving HTC a beating due to stock issues and some even saying that they were going to loose out big time etc. and yet Samsung are having the exact same problems here yet you don't see much/same level of bashing from those same people..... They probably also restrict stock to drive up the demand. To be fair to them though, they most likely have got millions of orders to meet world wide and have to allocate stock fairly, where as HTC in comparison won't have anywhere as many sales/orders.

The GIF feature is nice, I currently just use fotodanz, which is pretty good but the GS 4 way looks much better.

BTW supposedly the drama shots (equivalent to the sequence shot on the one) only takes 2MP shots? Is this true? Wonder why as the htc one takes it at the full size (4MP).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seeing high quality photos/videos of the SAMOLED display makes me want one badly! :(

Sony need to get rid of their crappy washed out displays and replace it with the SAMOLED beast! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Hearing reports from certain sites (eg android central) that the s4 has a little bit of slow down when opening apps?

A quote from Android Central video comparison:
"As you can see there is a slowdown when opening certain apps on the S4" and "It's very fast but I think HTC has a lead in speed"

This is a shame as I think I know what is happening. Opening Gallery, Dialler, Messages and web browser takes a while to load up on my S3 especially when you have not used them for a while. It has something to do with poor RAM management on the S3 where it doesn't keep apps in the memory long enough.

I know for me multitasking on iOS seems superior (on ipad- you could be playing nova 3 and then browse the web for 20 mins and go back to game and it would still be open) and it would be a shame if the S4 wasn't as good especially with 2gb of RAM?

Associate
I pre-ordered with Vodafone on the 12th April, and got a text this evening saying it was dispatched for DPD delivery on Monday. I don't know if that means they got a new shipment of stock today, but I'm pleased regardless.

I think I'm going to call them up tomorrow and change from 24 month to 12 month, as I hear they're going to be introducing unlimited data contracts soon...

Associate
Walked into a EE store yesterday morning and walked back out with my shiny new s4 in black mist, not even a preorder.
Having owned a couple of htc one which I really liked bar the terrible build quality which is why a went the route of the s4, so far i'm loving this phone and even though it is plastic it feels quality and well built in the hand.
I don't recommend the official s view case, it doesn't stay shut.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still no update from Phones 4U : /. Is anyone else waiting for theirs from Phones 4U? I cant complain too much as i pre-ordered the day before release date but it would be nice to at least have an update or an ETA.

All i have got is the confirmation email and i went on their live chat and the woman didnt have any clue :/

Back
Top Bottom