linux html editor

Soldato
If it's only for quick, small modifications I would second the Vim suggestion, you don't even have to learn too much for quick HTML writing, or perhaps Nano if you don't want the learning curve, and/or advantages of Vim but the lightweight editor.

Soldato
I quite like Scratch for quick edits:

https://launchpad.net/scratch/

Image%202013.04.30%2019%3A48%3A07.png

Associate
Suggesting VIM is the best to use for quick edits when the user has GUI options is just laughable and trying far too hard.

I use vim for pretty much all of my pet projects and I completely agree with you, it's an awesome editor but for "small time stuff" which sounds like quick edits? Don't see it being worth learning just for that.

Associate
I use vi for root/config files, geany for random (xorg) edits, and Eclipse for "projects"... Eclipse has pretty cool editors for most languages, and if you configure it using CDT (not the java garbage) it's pretty lightweight, considering.

Soldato
Suggesting VIM is the best to use for quick edits when the user has GUI options is just laughable and trying far too hard.

Why? It's not as if you need to master every shortcut, every little tip and trick of it. For the most part for any small edits you are in and out within minutes. I use it for absolutely all development because it's so versatile.

Back
Top Bottom