***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
Shopping around for deals today and I had a guy on phones 4 u that cracked me up...never had a rep like this!

Thank you for choosing Phones4U. A Sales Advisor will be with you shortly.
In accepting this Live Chat you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age.
You are now connected with Matt J.
Matt J: Hello, you're chatting with Matt J, a Phones4U Sales Advisor, may I take your name please?
You: Hello! *****
Matt J: hi *****, how are you this morning?
You: Fine thank you! I'm due an upgrade soon and was looking at deals and was wondering, do you price match?
Matt J: we do aim to if we can
Matt J: and glad to hear you're well :D
Matt J: what is it you've been offered?
You: Haha thank you! HTC one - 750mb, 600mins, unlimited text, o2 and handset price for £99 ...can you offer something similar or cheaper? I dont mind lowering the tariff
Matt J: how much per month?
You: Ahh sorry! £22 per month...shall i link you to the deal?
Matt J: please!
Matt J: but dont think we can get close
You: https://mobiles.secure-mobiles.com/...ls|utmcmd=Affiliate&__utmv=-&__utmk=240321989
Matt J: wow thats really good
You: Haha yeah! Can you match with a lower tariff and phone cost?
Matt J: we cant sorry
Matt J: we cant even get close
Matt J: if thats real i'd take that deal and rnu
Matt J: *run#

Settled with orange in the end on a similar but cheaper tariff and cant wait to get my hand on the phone!

This is the deal I got with mobiles.co.uk
They have been faultless, ordered on friday, got it saturday. Im well pleased with the phone, been looking at rooting but not yet. But I bet that would be the best way to remap those buttons.

Soldato
I personally would have gone for the unlimited data options, but I suppose it's what you would need the most. The 29 a month deal at cpw on 3 seems a bargain considering 4G will be free for users on the 3 network when it finally lands (end of the yr I think?)

Soldato
Guys

My sim has just ported from giffgaff to O2 and I deleted the GG apn setting and have the O2 ones in there that were already there I have signal and 'G' showing but I can't browse the web with wifi turned off, nor speedtest or anything? Any ideas ... This is on my new HO

Thanks

Soldato
Example One - Taken with the N4 (the glove is dark grey)

IMG_20130429_195540_zpsf2ee11ec.jpg
[/IMG]

Example Two - Taken with the HO (the glove is now purple / pink due to the spot)

IMAG0033_zpsba204c76.jpg
[/IMG]

Do I have a faulty camera or has the firmware update messed the camera up?

Caporegime
Hard to say stoosh, I haven't seen anyone mention that issue on XDA yet.

Try a different camera app out just to see, if the issue isn't present with it, then it is most likely a software issue, could try a factory reset as well.

Doubt it is a problem with the camera hardware itself, otherwise, you would/should have noticed it before the update too.

edit:

BTW a lot of people have mentioned that the capacitive buttons have much improved with the new software now.

EDIT:

Did you manually focus on the glove? Supposedly with this camera (more so than other phone cameras), you can get much better shots/quality photos by manually focusing to get the right exposure etc. as opposed to just "point and shoot"

Last edited:
Soldato
Hard to say stoosh, I haven't seen anyone mention that issue on XDA yet.

Try a different camera app out just to see, if the issue isn't present with it, then it is most likely a software issue, could try a factory reset as well.

Doubt it is a problem with the camera hardware itself, otherwise, you would/should have noticed it before the update too.

edit:

BTW a lot of people have mentioned that the capacitive buttons have much improved with the new software now.

EDIT:

Did you manually focus on the glove? Supposedly with this camera (more so than other phone cameras), you can get much better shots/quality photos by manually focusing to get the right exposure etc. as opposed to just "point and shoot"

Thanks Nexus :)

I factory reset the phone, tried another app (Camera Zoom FX) and still the same results. I also manually focus on the glove (by that I mean I tapped on the screen and waited until the green box came up). It's strange it's as if the purple / pink spot seems to stay in one place and discolours whatever is in the view finder at that moment in time.

It's very strange...I didn't notice the purple / pink spot prior to the software update and now it's very pronounced. It seems to engulf anything that I point the camera to. The discolouration disappears when I use the flash but that's not great when I want to take shots in daylight because the pink spot will always spoil the photo. :confused:

Soldato
It's a common problem with small digital cameras, HTC should fix the problem with software update. (...but you can never tell with a smaller company sourcing parts from several suppliers, get a replacement if few others have the problem.)

Ah the joys of being a beta tester/hardware pipe cleaner! No idea why people rush out and buy the latest gadgets these days. Give it a few months and you'll have a better made, more reliable device for less money. :D

Soldato
Ah the joys of being a beta tester/hardware pipe cleaner! No idea why people rush out and buy the latest gadgets these days. Give it a few months and you'll have a better made, more reliable device for less money. :D

Because there's always something new coming around with much better performance, it's hard to keep on top of the mobile world compared to computers :(.

Meanwhile I managed to fix the problem I had with the HTC flip case, the mic hole didn't align properly with the mic on the phone, so I drilled it slightly bigger to allow the mic to properly work this time. Quite strange for an official case to not match a phone it was made for...

Soldato
Yeah that is very strange :confused:

Not sure what would have caused that to happen!

I worked it out! It was a simple case of the lighting affecting the way the camera behaved. I took the phone into another room and took a picture of the glove and I didn't have the awful purple / pink spot. Duh!

The touch buttons are much more responsive since the update and haven't so far haven't failed to register a response so HTC have done good there with the update. Am just reinstalling everything since the factory reset, such an arduous task.

Caporegime
good to hear that it wasn't a "permanent" issue :)

It most certainly is! :D I will probably do a factory reset once the S gets sense V5 but I use all the stock apps these days so it isn't as much as an issue as what it was when I replaced every stock app near the beginning :p Can't wait for sense V5, looks soooo much nicer/more modern :cool:

Associate
This is the deal I got with mobiles.co.uk
They have been faultless, ordered on friday, got it saturday. Im well pleased with the phone, been looking at rooting but not yet. But I bet that would be the best way to remap those buttons.

I don't understand why they can't get a deal that's close to that. The deal I got from P4U was similar but with 1GB of data and that was £36 for 18 months and £50 automatic cash back to buy me out of my current contract.

The cost of my contract is therefore £598. The cost of your contract is £627 and is more expensive. Granted you're getting 6 months extra service so it's cheaper on a monthly basis, but whilst haggling this time with various operators, they've all been happy to ignore that fact and just look at overall contract cost.

Associate
Is anyone else experiencing the following bug with this phone and the new software update (I'm not sure if it did it with the old one):

Place an .mp3 in the alarms folder on the sdcard. Try adding it as a custom alarm sound and accept changes made to that alarm. Does the sound driver crash and keep crashing until you remove the mp3 from the folder?

Back
Top Bottom