***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
Broken Glass...

had it in my pocket, took it out and have a crack by the cam lens, like a spider web with a few hairline cracks across...

just like this one.... http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Nexus-4-cracked-featured.jpg

been googling and i see loads have the same issue and the same crack by the lens, the pick above could be my phone, its almost identical

forked out £50 for a new back direct from LG :( not happy as it was not dropped

http://www.spareslg.com/tampa-de-bateria-lg-optimus-nexus-4-e960-acq86231201.html

Certainly from doing a search there it does seem that the back can crack fairly easily which isn't great to hear, however other folks have said that they have dropped theirs and it has survived ok. I was going to order a Nexus 4 and it is a little bit off putting to read this although due to the nature of my job I was going to order a sturdy case anyhow, something like what Psycho Sonny had linked to or maybe a Seidio Active case and hope that would keep it well protected.

Hope the replacement goes well enough for you, at £50 a go you wouldn't want it happening too many times.

Soldato
Yeah I have dropped mine before about 3 times and been lucky. It was just in my pocket when it happened. £50 hit but life goes on.

I still 100% recommend the phone. Nice you can get the parts direct from LG. You guys should book mark my link :D

Caporegime
Everything is completely stock. You don't have the SnapDragon Battery Guru installed by any chance do you? It seems to have started since I installed this.

i did have it installed but i then un-installed it because it's crap, but it saves your settings and you have to manually undo them all, so i take it's battery guru

Caporegime
Broken Glass...

had it in my pocket, took it out and have a crack by the cam lens, like a spider web with a few hairline cracks across...

just like this one.... http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Nexus-4-cracked-featured.jpg

been googling and i see loads have the same issue and the same crack by the lens, the pick above could be my phone, its almost identical

http://www.spareslg.com/tampa-de-bateria-lg-optimus-nexus-4-e960-acq86231201.html

aren't you the guy who is anti-case? :o

if so, then i told you so :p

would rather spend £3 on a case than £50 on a new back ;) :D

Associate
Broken Glass...

Considering it was in your pocket, and the placement of it, it makes me think it could (at least in part) be due to overheating. That's right where the Nexus 4 heats up under load.

Associate
Hi guys,

Got a quick, but possibly daft question to ask here.

My contract with Three runs out in September, upgrade due in July. I currently have some description of HTC, I think it's the Wildfire S? The thing crashes at least 4 times a day, which is very frustrating...anyway, to cut a long story short, could I just buy a Nexus 4 from Google and whack my SIM card in it? It would save having to go through the upgrade process with Three, and I could stay on my current contract that I'm pretty happy with. Or is there a way Three would find out and block my number or anything?

Apologies again if it's a stupid question, I'm not really very phone savvy.

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Got a quick, but possibly daft question to ask here.

My contract with Three runs out in September, upgrade due in July. I currently have some description of HTC, I think it's the Wildfire S? The thing crashes at least 4 times a day, which is very frustrating...anyway, to cut a long story short, could I just buy a Nexus 4 from Google and whack my SIM card in it? It would save having to go through the upgrade process with Three, and I could stay on my current contract that I'm pretty happy with. Or is there a way Three would find out and block my number or anything?

Apologies again if it's a stupid question, I'm not really very phone savvy.

Thanks.

Nothing saying that you can't use your SIM in a different phone. You'll be fine, though it's always worth having a good snoop around to find out if there are better deals available to you.

Soldato
Yeah I have dropped mine before about 3 times and been lucky. It was just in my pocket when it happened. £50 hit but life goes on.

I still 100% recommend the phone. Nice you can get the parts direct from LG. You guys should book mark my link :D

Strange that it happened randomly in your pocket, but maybe the drops could have weakend it in some way?

Associate
hTLAhuA.jpg
:mad: :(

My own fault as I decided to sit on the pavement outside my house while gardening, knowing full well that it was in my back pocket. I'd even taken it out a few minutes before when I sat down to avoid the same thing but stupidly risked it this time. Heard the crack straight away and knew what it'd look like. I have actually removed some of the glass around the camera as I had a crack going straight across it and the replacement is on order.

£50 I could have done without spending this month but at least for a few days I don't have to worry about scratches on the back!

Back
Top Bottom