Antec P280 or Corsair Vengeance C70?

Soldato
I've decided to move to a bigger case for my next build/upgrade (I'm currently using an Antec Sonata III). The two which have so far caught my eye are the Antec P280 and Corsairs Vengeance C70 as they are both a good size and give loads of options for the future. Budget is around £100.

Could anyone give me an opion on which is the better, or if there are other cases I should be considering?

Thanks for replies :)

Associate
I have a P280 and its a great case and pretty quiet, im not to keen on the looks of the Vengeance C70 but that's subjective.

When I bought the P280 they cost quite a bit less that they do now and I think if I was buying again Id probably be looking at the Corsair Obsidian 550D, yep it costs another £20 but ....just look at it :)

Soldato
Both good cases, but for the price, I think the P280 is a tad overpriced. I'd say it's around the £75-£80 range. It's got loads of room though.

Other cases in the range, The Fractal R4, Fractal Midi V2, Silverstone Raven RV03.

Associate
Personally I think the Fractal Design Define R4 and Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 are better alternatives to the P280, although I'm not sure if either are available from OCUK.

I wouldn't recommend the Vegeance C70 unless you're dead set on the styling though.

Soldato
OP
Cheers.

I'm leaning to the P280 but have just come across the Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced which I'm liking the look of. Any opinions?

Soldato
I've got a 932 and the newer 932 advanced. Not much difference between the two but with the newer one, you get USB3 and a PCI-E graphics card shroud plus the interior is now painted black.

Its a big quiet case, great for water cooling. Will take a 360 rad in the roof fine. They've also got castors (is that the word?) for the feet if you wish so you can roll the case around on its wheels which is quite useful for pulling it in and out of under my desk.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
At present I think I'll probably be going with the Antec P280, will probably order at the weekend.

It seems a safe choice, and from experience I know that Antec always turn out quality products.

Thanks for advice and opinions :)

Caporegime
Just ordered a C70 myself, I love the military look of it, plus it sounds like it's very well made and the cable routing looks good as well. Really excited! :p

Soldato
OP
Just ordered a C70 myself, I love the military look of it, plus it sounds like it's very well made and the cable routing looks good as well. Really excited! :p

Well done. I was seriously considering the C70 in Gunmetal Black before ordering a P280.

Soldato
OP
can now say after owning the c70 and p280 in the last week the p280 build quality is just so much better than the c70.

Thanks I ordered a P280 in the end :)

Which particular areas would you say the build quality of the P280 is better?

Its interesting that the P280 is currently selling roughly £10 cheaper than the C70.

Associate
the metal used on the c70 feels a lot thinner than the p280 and more flimsy, allso the c70 felt as though it would be quite easy to thread the screw holes.

Back
Top Bottom