Guild Wars 2

Soldato
Engineer is 75 now.

I loved levelling but really not enjoying it now.

Much prefer my Mesmer. Then there's my poor Necro who never gets played :p

40 ranger, 18 guardian or 10 Ele next.

Before all them though need a little more wvw focus again. Seafarers getting hammered for once but the active wvw guild I'm in as part of some council and apparently they have convinced a few large guilds to come join seafarers. Seafarers mostly does over Deso and Viz in a one to one scrap (even kill them when outnumbered mostly) but we just have a much lower pop and can't contest all 4 zones. Roll on the reinforcements!!!

Soldato
Engineer capped and kitted :D

Thats my Engi, Necro and Mesmer done.

Moved onto my Guardian for now but will end up flitting between Guardian, Ele and Ranger until I find one I really enjoy. May 100% all the oRR zones with the Engi first as short on gold again. Didn't realise you could get the exotic trinkets from Orr vendors so spent about 10g buying them :o Down to about 5-6g now :( But a day or so in Orr doing events and mining (specially and Orac) and the 100% rewards should get me over 10g quick enough.

Soldato
I enjoy the events too much, I transferred to seafarers for the wvw and whilst it is good when I go in wvw I still spend much more time in the normal world, could really do with being on a busier, non pvp focused server but I'd be talking around 25-30g to buy the gems for a transfer :(:o:eek:

Soldato
Got a silly question, is there a way to farm leather?

I'm only lvl 17 on my engineer and I'm trying to level leatherworking, I'm salvaging everything I find, but it's never enough.

Soldato

I'm only lvl 17 on my engineer and I'm trying to level leatherworking, I'm salvaging everything I find, but it's never enough.

All you can do is salave, perhaps try killing more critters for their skins to salvage?

The mats are generally dirt cheap from trade if you have some cash.

Soldato
Have Anet fixed the balance of dungeons yet? I'm not sure if that's the question i want to ask, but the last time i played this was when The Fractals was released which destroyed the balance of finding groups for other dungeons.

I remember re playing again after a few months Fractals was released, and people was still doing Fractals over and over again.

Anet was aware of the issue, and was trying to figure out a way to make older dungeons worth playing again for everyone.

So have they sorted it?

Soldato
I come across this the other day and am very intrigued to start a new MMO. I used to be a runescape player for around 4 years and never touched any other MMO since. I know it's different etc, but I want to start and this looks pretty good. I don't like the look of WoW, whats the game like, is it skilled based like rune? Do you have side things to do besides PvP, leveling, quests etc?

Would it be worth playing and starting, my time to play is slightly limited due to work, so would I be at a huge disadvantage not being able to put 15+ hours a week into the game, is it still enjoyable to casually play?

Associate
I come across this the other day and am very intrigued to start a new MMO. I used to be a runescape player for around 4 years and never touched any other MMO since. I know it's different etc, but I want to start and this looks pretty good. I don't like the look of WoW, whats the game like, is it skilled based like rune? Do you have side things to do besides PvP, leveling, quests etc?

Would it be worth playing and starting, my time to play is slightly limited due to work, so would I be at a huge disadvantage not being able to put 15+ hours a week into the game, is it still enjoyable to casually play?

yes in a short answer. PVP, WvW, exploration and world completion, world events, loads of dynamic events, jumping puzzles along side the usual stuff. you can dodge which i guess adds an element of skill, I came from LOTRO which was more complicated ability wise, but i guess it depends on what class you choose.

i too don't have loads of time to play, levelling is pretty easy as practially everything gives xp so you'll soon be at max level. I guess the main grind is for the gear, the same as all other MMOs really. it's not the standard "find the question mark guy" fare, and is a satisfactory diversion!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Have Anet fixed the balance of dungeons yet? I'm not sure if that's the question i want to ask, but the last time i played this was when The Fractals was released which destroyed the balance of finding groups for other dungeons.

I remember re playing again after a few months Fractals was released, and people was still doing Fractals over and over again.

Anet was aware of the issue, and was trying to figure out a way to make older dungeons worth playing again for everyone.

So have they sorted it?

They are sysetmatically going through the dungeons balancing them and improving boss mechanics so the fights are more interesting.

Only Ascalon Catacombs has been done so far, but it's much better for it.

The Spider Queen at the start is now actually a challenge, they've made it stronger, but lowered its health pool. So if you actually play well you can kill it faster, but if you mess up you're punished harder.

Same goes for Kholer, they've weakened his attacks a bit, and lowered his health pool, but he can now re summon his support, and he moves and attacks much faster. So the fight is much more dynamic now, you're not just stood wailing on him, then dodge rope attack, wail on him etc

The biggest improvement is the final bosses in each path, which all used to be pretty similar.

Now the NPC's you guide through the dungeon actually play a larger part.

For example on Colossus Rumblus, now when he does his seismic attack and causes the ceiling to cave in it hits everywhere, but the NPC you are with makes a shield bubble, so you have to make sure you are in the bubble while fighting or you get chain kd.

The Ghost Eater boss you actually have to use the traps that Detha builds now. When Ghost Eater spwans it has 'Ghost Armour' and the only way to remove it is to use ghost buster style packs to pull ghosts into the traps to charge them, then lure Ghost Eater into the trap to break his armour, at which point he's vulnerable to attack for a short period of time.

Howling King boss, now has a big sonic beam type attack that pretty much wipes out anything it hits, so you still have to try and stay behind him, but he also can't be pulled out of the 'arena' bit where he patrols, and while you are fighting him his howls alert other gravelings, so you are constantly fighting him and swarms and swarms of other gravelings , making it harder to stay behind the Howling King.

All in all they've made the dungeons require more teamwork and co-ordination to complete.

We personally didn't find them any harder as we already have a good dungeon running party, and we're all on mumble.

But there's loads of people on the forums whining about the changes because they keep getting wiped, and because they cant just faceroll and roflstomp their way past every boss any more. :rolleyes:

Also, there will be a new dungeon added tomorrow for the final part of the F&F stuff.

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato

Go kill Centaur in Hirathi Hinterlands or the like, they drop tons of the stuff.

But the easier way is to just buy it from the TP, leather is super cheap.

Soldato

So have they sorted it?

I'm not sure particularly what your problem is, most people spam a new dungeon because its new. I don't do a lot of dungeon runs but I've never struggled to get a group for any dungeon when I've asked.

Perhaps a quieter server will suffer more though. Regards fractals the spam for that has certainly lessened recently.

It's a casual friendly environment in regards to there being no fee, so you don't lose out. Additionally the game has took the skill>gear approach at cap and when you reach cap and get to a certain gear level (exotic, and its not too difficult to achieve) it is then level. You can grind more gear for a better appearance but there's no stat curve.

To do in game you have levelling, wvw, pvp and dungeons. Wvw is a multiple server huge pvp battle. The structured pvp is small team based stuff. Dungeons are dungeons. The levelling is different to the normal quest hub approach. Just follow the living events and you can go from there. Personally I just love the event side of things, the changing world is genuinely a lot of fun and its nice to see your actions have an impact.

It's a great game (IMO) and its a nice change from your typical mmo. Though depending on your POV being different isn't great and a lot of people prefer the normal wow style of mmo.

Soldato
I'm not sure particularly what your problem is, most people spam a new dungeon because its new. I don't do a lot of dungeon runs but I've never struggled to get a group for any dungeon when I've asked.

Perhaps a quieter server will suffer more though. Regards fractals the spam for that has certainly lessened recently.

I guess if you don't do a lot of dungeons, then you wouldn't know how bad it is to find a group for a dungeon other than Fractals.

I just found out people use http://gw2lfg.com/, not sure how good it is, but i wish there was something like this in game.

Associate
Well, for the first time since owning this game I can't really be bothered to play it tonight. Or have done this weekend at all really...

The upcoming sledgehammer 50% nerf to a skill that is absolutely key to my mesmer having any success in my guild WvWvW = game wrecking for me. And they're going to buff Moa Morph...gg Anet. GFG.

******* idiots.

Soldato
I guess if you don't do a lot of dungeons, then you wouldn't know how bad it is to find a group for a dungeon other than Fractals.

I just found out people use http://gw2lfg.com/, not sure how good it is, but i wish there was something like this in game.

Fair enough, I'll admit I'm not the best authority :p

I just do them sometimes and tend not to struggle but I don't have a lot of exposure.

Soldato
Personally I would rather they didn't have a lfg til. I would hate it to turn into wow with everyone sat in la slamming LFG and avoiding the world.

At the mo people are in the zones looking for a group and they get involved in events and keep things interesting while waiting. Taking people out the active world is a bad thing IMO.

My only gripe at the mo is Orr getting quieter. Wish they would introduce a seperate Orr daily to get people out and about there and keeping it live.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
People aren't in Orr now because the fastest way to make money is no longer Plinx and event chain farming. Now running CoF path 1+2 is the new money making meta everyone is there.

As soon as that gets nerfed they'll move on to somewhere else.

Southsun is another really underused area that needs something adding. A big world event or a dungeon would really get people back into the area.

Back
Top Bottom