Guild Wars 2

Soldato
People aren't in Orr now because the fastest way to make money is no longer Plinx and event chain farming. Now running CoF path 1+2 is the new money making meta everyone is there.

As soon as that gets nerfed they'll move on to somewhere else.

Southsun is another really underused area that needs something adding. A big world event or a dungeon would really get people back into the area.

Where is south sun?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Where is south sun?

Exactly! :D

Southsun is the Karka area that was used for the big event in November, and then really hasn't been touched since... there's no events there worth going for, nothing worth farming, no bosses, no dungeons, nothing to harvest, and the enemies are all annoying to fight.

So it's just totally devoid of players 99% of the time.

The only reason people go there now is to do the JP for their achievements, or when they get a Guild Bounty there. There is no other reason to go.

If you go there now you can find settlements where the refugees from the areas that Flame and Frost have affected. So I'm hoping that in the future they do add something to Southsun, because it's a massive waste of an area atm.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Upcomming Gem Store items, and some hints at the future!

Learn to Dance Like the Pros!, This permanent book teaches you the dance moves "Dodge Step," "Inventory Shuffle," and "Gear Grind" each time you read it. You can spread the dancing spirit by leading others in these moves while you dance.

Unbreakable! Permanent Harvest Sickle! Invented to survive the Southsun seas, this tool has unlimited charges and the same efficiency as an Orichalcum Harvest Sickle. Available for a limited time only.

Limited Sale! Unlimited Logging! Available for a limited time only. This superefficient tool has unlimited charges and the same effectiveness as an Orichalcum Logging Axe.

Craft Anywhere! Spawn a crafting station for yourself and your allies that is usable for 15 minutes. The type of crafting station can be chosen immediately after spawning.

Open a direct line to Zommoros and the Mystic Forge from anywhere in the world. Allows you to use the Mystic Forge without traveling to Lion's Arch.

Get packed for the return to Southsun Cove! An assortment of souvenirs from the Southsun islands. This chest contains Southsun crafting materials and a chance to get a wide variety of items such as shoulder skins, new boosts and conveniences, and a rare chance to get new weapon skins and mini pets.

Stylish and Fun! Animal Hats! A cute hat to commemorate your favorite creature. This item occupies the head slot of your town clothes. Town clothes cannot be worn while in combat.

For those wanting a slightly more rugged look. These leather pack shorts will withstand years of casual use. Town clothes cannot be worn while in combat.

Get more of the Dragon Festival. Each festive dragon coffer commonly contains candy and fireworks, rarely contains fortune candies and recipes for fireworks launchers, and even more rarely contains weapon skins.

Launch your own dragon fireworks! Spawns a fireworks launcher that lasts for 15 minutes and allows you to put on a fantastic light show for everyone nearby.

Bring merriment and a festive atmosphere anywhere you go with this noise-making horn.

Armor Skins! Customize Your Combat! A full set of heavy/medium/light-armor skins. The skins have no stats of their own and can only be equipped by characters who wear heavy/medium/light-armor. These skins can be applied once per piece to replace the appearance of another heavy/medium/light-armor -armor item. These skins can be converted for PvP use.

Commemorating Cobiah's sister, Biviane, this accessory is available for a limited time. Available for a limited time!

So a few things from that, unlimited Axe and Sickle confirmed, get those gems saved up!

Looks like we're going back to Southsun! KARKA... ROLL OUT!!!

Dragon Festival confirmed!

And who is Biviane?!?!?!?! QUESTIONS!!!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-14-2013/

May 14, 2013

Trouble is brewing on the tropical island of Southsun Cove.

The merchants and traders of The Consortium have given shelter to refugees driven from their lands by the Molten Alliance, but many of these new arrivals feel more like prisoners than guests. With the new settlers on the verge of rioting and someone—or something—driving the local wildlife to new heights of aggression, it’s up to you and Lionguard Inspector Kiel to quell the violence and discover the Secret of Southsun!

Full details in the link!

Soldato

Sounds fun :)

Glad they are doing something with the zone again.

I just eventually got round to completing the final story in Arah last night (never that bothered about personal quest) and wow! It was amazing! The event was pretty standard but the graphics and the spectral were amazing, Zhaitan :eek: very impressive!

Saving gold at the mo (not sure what for) up to 20g, but I'll prob burn it when I cap another toon. Enjoying Guardian right now, that and working toward 100% on my Engi in the Orr zones for some extra gold.

I'm gonna return to this game either tonight or sometime tomorrow, is there any guilds about on here that I could maybe join?

If you are on a busy server just ask and you should find a guild no bother, don't really think there is an ocuk guild.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I just eventually got round to completing the final story in Arah last night (never that bothered about personal quest) and wow! It was amazing! The event was pretty standard but the graphics and the spectral were amazing, Zhaitan :eek: very impressive!

The other Explorable paths of Arah are even better. I'd say Arah is my fave dungeon mechanics and looks wise. Some parts of it are just amazing.

Soldato
Go to the entrance of the dungeon, usually a few people waiting to form a group or looking for a random or two. I use to run guild dungeon nights before I got bored of the game where I'd fill up a group with guildies and top off with a random if needed.

Back
Top Bottom