Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was meant to get new wheels when I went to under 200lbs, I got down to 206lbs, bought them then went back up to 212lbs - whoops!

I know decent spring/summer weather will help me shift my weight down with the extra cycling I'll want to do.

Soldato
here's a rim i sectioned a while ago

BFLusQ4CcAAB0Vf.jpg:large

Soldato
Assos FI Uno S5 or Castelli Aero Bib shorts?

Similar price depending where you look but seems the Assos ones are the lower end of there product scale and the Castelli's are mid-high on there offerings. Any owners of either?

Soldato
Hello all, long time no post. My GP4000S tyres in 25mm have had a sidewall failure, looks like its split by a few mm, eating through 3 inner tubes in the process.

Anywhere doing decent bulk buy inner tubes at the mo as I need to restock.

Soldato
Soldato
Probably very few will have spotted this but Michelin have a competition open to Pro4 buyers where you can win.... 2 more Pro4s....

http://bike.michelin.co.uk/bonus/pr...n=2446514_BAR14&dm_i=KPJ,1GFQQ,2ZH0SE,4XZ30,1

On another note, just uploaded my last commutes from yesterday, made it to 59% of the Spring challenge, had set myself a target of 50% so a nice gain on top! Few good challenges for this month on Strava, liking the look of the Castelli one.

Finally my brown Scott Bib shorts turned up today, pad is a little thinner than expected but a nice fit, interesting colour, going to need to get an orange top to match them I think.

Last edited:

InQ

InQ

Associate
Assos FI Uno S5 or Castelli Aero Bib shorts?

Similar price depending where you look but seems the Assos ones are the lower end of there product scale and the Castelli's are mid-high on there offerings. Any owners of either?

Was considering the Castelli's but got some older S2 pad Assos for £90 inc del from the factory outlet, they turned up today so i havent used them yet.
a lot of people say the S2 pad is better than the current S5, guess its horses for courses really.

http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/product/10-10-001-10-t-bib-short-pro-s2

Associate
To those that were asking about the bike fit I had the other day, here are links to my measurements/findings (link), and an exercise guide to correct my imbalances (link).

I figured some of it may be useful to anyone thinking of getting one done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom