• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970 Fan speed 100% when computer idle

bbK

bbK

Associate
Doing my head in as I have no idea what's causing this... I've googled it and found that other people are having this issue with similar cards but I haven't been able to resolve it so thought I would ask here.

Any ideas much appreciated.

this card

bbK

bbK

Associate
OP
sounds simple but try loading defaults in ccc/performance/amd overdrive

Defaults loaded - same thing.

Have you tried using msi afterburner to adjust it or to check if its on default settings?

Haven't tried that but the thing is if the pc is idle and the fans are spinning at 100% all I need to do is move the mouse and the fans will instantly go back to normal.

Associate
Defaults loaded - same thing.

Haven't tried that but the thing is if the pc is idle and the fans are spinning at 100% all I need to do is move the mouse and the fans will instantly go back to normal.

Try setup a custom fan curve in msi afterburner, maybe it will override the graphics cards default settings so won't spin up in idle.

settings -> fan -> tick the box and edit the curve as you wish

Back
Top Bottom