***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
Not much of a point from them, as surely most contract phones are paid via DD and hence always on time? Meh - would've thought they could have done better than that.....just grab from CPW, by the sounds of it, and snag some Quidco/TCB into the bargain too :)

Yeah strange isn't it, unless they have a lot of customers that default :p

Soldato
I'm starting to notice the imperfections around the top speaker grill. I'm passing a three store tomorrow so may pop in and see if they switch it. If it's going to require a lot of effort I don't think I'll bother though.

Does anyone have any insider info as to when three will be rolling out the firmware update?

Associate
Not much of a point from them, as surely most contract phones are paid via DD and hence always on time? Meh - would've thought they could have done better than that.....just grab from CPW, by the sounds of it, and snag some Quidco/TCB into the bargain too :)

Balls. Just went to the upgrade section of CPW (because I'm with O2 and I want to stay with O2), clicked the deal I want and got to the 'add to basket' stage and it says I'm only able to have the black HTC One but I want the Silver!

However, if I click on a 'pay monthly' deal I'm able to choose the Silver or Black handset. But then of course I won't be able to keep my number as it's essentially starting a new contract? Anyone know why they're preventing upgrades from having the silver? It's clearly in stock.

Associate
Balls. Just went to the upgrade section of CPW (because I'm with O2 and I want to stay with O2), clicked the deal I want and got to the 'add to basket' stage and it says I'm only able to have the black HTC One but I want the Silver!

However, if I click on a 'pay monthly' deal I'm able to choose the Silver or Black handset. But then of course I won't be able to keep my number as it's essentially starting a new contract? Anyone know why they're preventing upgrades from having the silver? It's clearly in stock.

Its a system glitch, Go to a CPW store and you should be fine.

Associate
Got mine yesterday, Went for the Silver one, Beautiful ! Coming from the Nexus its better in almost every aspect apart from battery life as my N4 was rooted with Paranoid and I got phenomenal Battery life, will see after the first few charge cycles.

Sound quality has impressed me the most, Camera in low light WOW! And design is amazing as well.

I will need a case for the back, I just can't live without one or maybe a pouch.

But overall very impressed, No Gaps etc the Speaker/Screen on the top is not flush/smooth but TBH its nothing major.

Associate
Oooh, I'm jealous. I want one!

My O2 contract expires at the end of May, but O2 allow you to upgrade 1 month before. Do you think that still applies if I upgrade through CPW and stay on the same network?

Associate
Oooh, I'm jealous. I want one!

My O2 contract expires at the end of May, but O2 allow you to upgrade 1 month before. Do you think that still applies if I upgrade through CPW and stay on the same network?

Yup you can upgrade 1 month in advance if you are on O2 at CPW.

Associate
Yup you can upgrade 1 month in advance if you are on O2 at CPW.

Cool. I'll be popping down to the local store tomorrow then. Fingers crossed for a close to perfect handset (build quality wise)!

Edit- Although, don't you have more rights to return a faulty device if it's bought online?

Last edited:
Soldato
No, the sale of goods act applies equally online and in shops with regards faulty devices. Buying online you're covered by the long distance selling regulations which give you 7 days to return the device for any reason.

Associate
No, the sale of goods act applies equally online and in shops with regards faulty devices. Buying online you're covered by the long distance selling regulations which give you 7 days to return the device for any reason.

Hmmm, guess that comes down to the definition of 'faulty'. My main concern is having a massive gap on the top, or speaker grills that are not flush to the screen. I guess they wouldn't count that as faulty though, as long as the phone functioned correctly.

Caporegime
Hmmm, guess that comes down to the definition of 'faulty'. My main concern is having a massive gap on the top, or speaker grills that are not flush to the screen. I guess they wouldn't count that as faulty though, as long as the phone functioned correctly.

It's a visible manufacturing defect, thus returnable.

Soldato

Most people haven't got massive gaps or screens that stick out a lot. Most of the people reporting "issues" are reporting things that are not visible (Especially with the screen flushness.) and can only be felt....

Soldato

HTC considered those as faults when I raised a ticket.

Can't say I'm too confident about their repair service though. Sent it in for a second time on Monday and now it seems they can't find my phone anymore. :mad:

Also getting ignored whenever the issue gets escalated.

Back
Top Bottom