***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
I picked mine up from CPW on Three and it is unlocked and I installed the latest update when I got home no worries.

Great thanks. If you don't mind what tariff did you get as they told me they couldn't do the one plan in store. Was wondering if this was just my local store saying this

Soldato
woohoo picked up a htc one yesterday and really liking it so far. Are there any tips about settings etc to get good battery life or is it pretty good stock?

Nexus18 posted a good list of battery tips a couple of weeks back, you'll have to try and find it yourself though because he's posted about a thousand times in this thread :p

Associate
My experiences with the battery over the past 2 days have improved. Can easily get a day out of the phone.

- I am always on 3g/Wifi (Can't switch to GSM only as I am on Three)
- I use both Google now and Web History
- Location services are also on
- Gmail is on PUSH
- Screen brightness is on Auto
- Wifi is always on 5ghz
- Use Bluetooth 30 mins a day on average
- Regular browsing/Whats app

It's decent battery life and after a week of usage I will start tweaking my usage. (Still not as good my N4 but I am happy :))

After my fiasco with faulty S4's im quite tempted to go for this deal - £513 all in with a pretty decent contract!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc...p-front-phones4u-100-quidco-cash-back-1543111

Black or Silver though!

Silver :D

Soldato
Disable google now if you don't need it and also go to google now/search settings and disable "web history" if not required, huge battery drain I found

Untick anything that you don't need in the accounts and settings i.e. browsing history, google play books

Don't have a stupid refresh time for weather, email etc. apps

go to maps, settings, location settings, location reporting and select "do not update your location" and disable location history (apps etc. can and will still use GPS when required)

The one screen is stupidly bright so that will suck a lot of battery life when it is on auto and using more brightness than required, ideally control it manually with a widget like power toggle or qbright app

Make sure you enable "GSM only" instead of "WCDMA/GSM auto" or/and "WCDMA only" even when connected to wifi, only ever use WCDMA when you need a fast data connection.

go to wifi settings and make sure you disable "wifi max performance" mode, don't know what it is like on the one but on my S it raped battery life for barely any noticeable improvement in wifi tasks

Doing all the above (Except brightness control) on my S gives me amazing battery life.

nevermind found it.

Thanks for the tips. lets see if it will improve battery life on my One X

Last edited:
Associate
I can't get NFC working, nothing happens when back to back with a galaxy s3. Both devices are NFC enabled am I missing something?

Sorted it now. The NFC chip must be located in different positions. I have to position my phone half way down against the galaxy s3 for NFC to connect.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry to hear that the gap problem was getting worse. That's not a good sign at all! :eek: Was that with you using the phone in a case? Cos you previously posted pictures of your HO in a clear TPU case.

Great that you have UPS tracking as proof, keep it safe! As heaven forbid if HTC can't find it they will have to reimburse you for the phone.

I was hoping that HTC had changed but if there's horror stories being discussed on FB and other forums that's not a good sign at all. :eek:

When you got your phone back the first time round from HTC didn't they forget to switch it off and there were a few marks or stains on the outer body?

It doesn't inspire confidence in HTC and their repairs does it?

I hope all goes well the second time around for you.

I didn't really use the TPU case that much. Didn't feel the need since I didn't really take it outside. Too scared of damaging it on concrete and getting rejected for a repair at the time. I think the marks were glue leaking out as they were near the grill. It came off really easily with cloth though so I didn't bother mentioning the marks and the phone being on as I had no proof.

So I found out HTC use a company called 'Regenersis' for repairs. If you google them the horror stories get even worse! Getting really paranoid about it now. :( Doubtful I'll be getting it back any time soon.

HTC support themselves are pretty much useless at this point. To get an update it seems like they email Regenersis. Problem is it's Regenersis that's been ignoring the update requests. Think I might call up Regenersis directly to see if that does anything.

Associate
Got my HTC One today. £24 P/M Unlimited texts/calls and 3GB data on Orange. Has none of the build issue described in this thread. Very happy.

To the poster above (Jono8) - I have the 32GB model and fresh out the box I had about 25GB to play with. You can use it all for apps if you wanted.

Caporegime
Got my HTC One today. £24 P/M Unlimited texts/calls and 3GB data on Orange. Has none of the build issue described in this thread. Very happy.

To the poster above (Jono8) - I have the 32GB model and fresh out the box I had about 25GB to play with. You can use it all for apps if you wanted.

Thanks. Decent amount of space then.

Just ordered a HTC ONE! I am cancelling and taking back my S4 next week. Had enough of the screen issues.

Associate
I didn't really use the TPU case that much. Didn't feel the need since I didn't really take it outside. Too scared of damaging it on concrete and getting rejected for a repair at the time. I think the marks were glue leaking out as they were near the grill. It came off really easily with cloth though so I didn't bother mentioning the marks and the phone being on as I had no proof.

So I found out HTC use a company called 'Regenersis' for repairs. If you google them the horror stories get even worse! Getting really paranoid about it now. :( Doubtful I'll be getting it back any time soon.

HTC support themselves are pretty much useless at this point. To get an update it seems like they email Regenersis. Problem is it's Regenersis that's been ignoring the update requests. Think I might call up Regenersis directly to see if that does anything.

and yet, I sent mine back to them and they were faultless! They called me after 6 days of my collection date, telling me that as it has taken SO long, would I mind a new phone, unbranded, to be shipped ASAP?

My new phone is faultless (sent back due to gaps, overhangs). Bear in mind though, no-one ever posts loads of "good stories", it's ONLY the bad ones you hear about.

Soldato
How much actual free space do you get on a new one of these and also how much can you use of that for apps?

About ~25 GB, only guessing though. This is also the amount of space you can use for apps.

So I just realised why the charging is so pants with the official charger, it only outputs 1 amps... charging with my 2 amp Nexus 10 charger is so much better :p.

Soldato
About ~25 GB, only guessing though. This is also the amount of space you can use for apps.

So I just realised why the charging is so pants with the official charger, it only outputs 1 amps... charging with my 2 amp Nexus 10 charger is so much better :p.

Is the one amp charger to protect the irreplaceable battery, genuine question.

Back
Top Bottom