Restaurants and bars in Berlin

Associate
I remember having a really good steak somewhere on karl-liebknecht-strabe near alexanderplatz. Not much use I know,sorry! Was north east of the radisson blu! Berlin is good, hope you enjoy it.

Man of Honour
I liked this place, really good food and very well priced: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187323-d1230425-Reviews-Mesa-Berlin.html

It's on Potsdammerplatz

160wvtc.jpg

Associate
Old streetview imagery but there is a great Russian restaurant/bar in the location below called Datscha. The Solyanka and Pelmini are excellent, good choice of beers and vodka too. Reasonably priced.

http://goo.gl/maps/fFiyJ

I didn't go into this place but went out in the area and had a great night when I was there in March. Can only recommend it. It's only a short way from Berghain and Watergate if you're into the club scene

Associate
Berlin is an amazing city, the nightlife is superb but often you need to know where you're going as most of the best bars are hidden away and not visible from the street.

A couple of suggestions for a nice boutique type bars...

Bar Tausend, Schiffbauerdamm 11, Berlin. Hidden away under a railway bridge behind a big iron door.

Greenwich, Gipsstraße 5 Mitte, Berlin, 10119 - good little cocktail bar, again difficult to spot from the street.

There are literally hundreds of bars like these hidden away across the city so make sure you know where you're going before hand.

Have fun

Soldato
Zur Letzten Instanz

This was a very nice traditional restaurant. Expect hearty meals and beer

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...345-Zur_Letzten_Instanz_seit_1621-Berlin.html

I'm not sure but it seemed more somewhere people went at lunchtime

I went to Berlin last year, and I would highly recommend the above place. It is quite old school, but has a nice "classic local restaurant " feel, and such a nice old building.

If you want a cheap, excellent lunch or dinner near the main galleries in the centre, try Ampelmann underneath the railway arches. Best food (pizza & pastas) we had in Berlin:

https://plus.google.com/104343990138756118808/about?hl=en&gl=uk

Associate
OP
I stayed in Kreuzberg, went to the following places:

Breakfasts - Good coffee and cake *I was on holiday* is the best way to start the day...
Katies blue cat
Bullys bakery
Five elephants
cabslam - more american, had very filling pancakes!

Dinner:
Santa Maria - Mexican. Good cocktails (hibiscus margarita and mojitos), excellent tacos/burritos. €50 for two inc drinks.
Gaston - Tapas. Really delicious plates. Cozy bar atmosphere, good selection of beers, house red was quite agreeable. Our bill for drinks and food was €30 and we had complimentary shots, I really enjoyed this place.
Burgermeister - Burger. Burger was OK (i've been spoilt by Honestburgers). Loved the location, cool music, pretty decent lunch.
Berlin Burger International - Burger. Huge portions, excellent chilli fries. Good burger, again not quite honest burger but London burger scene IMO is exceptionally good, so that's not a slight on BBI.
Nexto(kuchi) - Ramen. We had two bowls of ramen (I forget which!), edamame and some other starter. The place is tiny, the line is long, it was worth the wait.

Bars:
Mein haus am see. My old fashioned....was not an old fashioned, they didn't know what an espresso martini was. That seemed to be a problem in berlin in general. Nice 24 hour hang out though, good beers. Music is decent, would happily go again.
Das Hotel - Very berlin, shabby, chic, cool. Good music, relaxed vibe, good drinks.
Schaubes Traube - great cocktails, but London price. Didn't hand around long as the gf wasn't really enjoying the place. I would have happily stayed.

Back
Top Bottom