Check out these photos of Pripyat. Really brings the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games to life..

Man of Honour
This is something I really want to do sometime. How do you go about getting there?

Just book a tour, I used a company called Lupine Travel. A day tour is something like £120 from Kiev and you can get return flights to Kiev for about £80 on Wizzair. There is a good hostel in the centre called "City Centre hostel" that is about £10 a night.

Associate
Shadow of Chernobyl - the 'Complete' mod is a good place to start.

Call of Pripyat - normally, I would suggest 'Misery', but version 2.0 is out this month or next. Therefore, I would hold off and instead use SGM 2.1 .

http://www.moddb.com/members/davidme

I loved the first stalker -

and as far as misery goes - so I have call of pripyat on steam but only played a little bit - so do you suggest holding off and using the misery 2.0?

Associate
I went to Pripyat/Chernobyl last summer.. Well worth the trip (and cost).

Very interesting, I'd thoroughly advise anyone to go with the vaguest interest in history.

Caporegime
and as far as misery goes - so I have call of pripyat on steam but only played a little bit - so do you suggest holding off and using the misery 2.0?

Depends how much you really want to try that particular mod out. I mean, you could play it since version 2.0 will always be there for another time. Or, you could try another mod if you're dead set on playing Call of Pripyat (like SGM 2.1 - overall my personal favourite). On the plus side, if you play it now then you get to see what each version is like. On the minus side, you'll probably want to wait for quite a while before running 2.0 if you decide to go with the first release. There isn't really a right or wrong; I tend to recommend waiting for version 2.0 more often than not since it's so close to being released.

Last edited:
Soldato
This place always was spooky to me, I got interested in it ever since I first seen how Call Of Duty added it as one of their maps in one of their games

Caporegime
NO, IT IS PERFECTLY SAFE. IT HAS JUST BEEN LEFT ALONE FOR DECADES AS A SHRINE TO MOTHER RUSSIA.

I heard you can even lick what's left of the reactor or take some tinfoil and jacket potatoes and cook them with the heat

is the area still radioactive?
Still radioactive but a lot of the area is fine as long as you don't plan on staying their for a long time

Scientists say that radiation will affect the Chernobyl area for 48,000 years although it will be safe enough for humans to begin repopulating the area long before then - in about 600 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom