Halifax - £100 swap question

Soldato
Straight away, as a cash transfer once the account is live. The account attracts a £15 a month fee, so they will get their £100 quid back before the year is out....................

Associate
If you mean moving your current account to hallifax, and 100£ reward for doing so, i believe mine was in my account as soon as it was fully set up, and then i get £5 every month i pay in £1k.

Associate
Straight away, as a cash transfer once the account is live. The account attracts a £15 a month fee, so they will get their £100 quid back before the year is out....................
Its for the free account too, So is infact a free £100.

Also, I thought you had to have two direct debits coming out of it?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

The account is free?

I'm guessing you can't just transfer all over, get the £100 then go back to my normal HSBC account?

Soldato
Yep, 2 of the three accounts available are free. With one, you have to pay at least £750 in per month, pay out two different direct debits and stay in credit, they will then gift you a fiver per month. Not bad ;)

Soldato
I would say if you have lots of direct debits such as a mortgage be very careful with these switching services. I moved to this halifax account and they promised to take care of everything. What load of bull, I ended up missing one of mortgage payments and my payment to npower. To say the least I wasn't impressed.

Soldato
OP
Well, all I have are 2 direct debits in my name!

Just to clarify, is there nothing stopping me switching over for a month to get the free £100, then just switching back to HSBC?

Associate
i switched a few years back from santander when the offer first came to light, i got my £100 as soon as the account was live, and they give me £5 free every single month, seems crazy how they can afford to do it! it costs me no monthly fee whats so ever, i had to personally sort a few direct debits out though that they messed up.

Soldato
I switched an account to Halifax in the summer and got the £100 pretty soon afterwards I think. And certainly on my account there is no monthly charge for the account (only a £5 'bonus' if £750 a month goes through it), and there was no minimum cash requirement to get the £100.

Also it was an old account that I switched, so didn't have to bother about swapping and dds over or anything. Basically free money!

Soldato
Think I've found the catch...

...the account will cost you £10 a month, just for the privilege. Sod that.

Im on the ultimate one and so far its a good deal. Its includes breakdown, phone cover, emergency home cover and travel cover.

Find me all that separately for less than £10 a month?

Back
Top Bottom