Colour film of London in 1927

Soldato

NZB

NZB

Associate
Quite right, 100 years from now people will be viewing footage from the 2000's and it will look just as dated as this to them.

Probably not. Quality footage from back then is rare whereas there is an abundance of it from our own time. Today will be more familiar to the people 100 years from now than 1927 is to us.

Associate
Found out my grandad was born the same year as this video. In a way I kind of imagined his childhood to be a lot different to mine, however some aspects seem quite similar. :)

Soldato
If you're interested in this kind of stuff, then the Look at Life from the 60s series is pretty good:

(I guess Heathrow hasn't changed that much, even back then it was said we need a new airport :D)

And finally, this: :p

Soldato
That video was fantastic thanks! Would love to time travel back to that time just to explore it would be fascinating to see how life has changed. I would be doing a Booker Dewitt in Bioshock infinite and going in and out of every building/trash can I came across.

Commissario
That's amazing but I find this just as interesting even though it's monochrome, simply because it's even older, back from around 1900.

/edit - And here's some more Edwardian stuff with colour.

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome.

Amazing to think that 99.9% of all the people in that film are long dead now.

Exactly what I wanted to say. Even the same percentage figure :p

My great grandmother would've been 24 and just qualified as a music teacher. She lived down south but they often travelled to London for entertainment. She died in 1994 and her youngest sister born in 1911, died two years ago age 99.

I can't help but watching the people in that video. Regular people that looks like anyone you see on the street today. Yet they're all dead now. Just like we'll be one day.

Makes you feel small in the great scheme.

Back
Top Bottom