Nephew's Subaru

Associate
Clearly several people here (such as Shedder saying the wheels are horrible) who are a bit clueless. There are those out there where dump valves, nurburgring stickers (the car did the circuit but before my nephew bought it), black alloys and big exhausts are something to get excited about. Whether he gets £3.5K who knows, but it's hardly ridiculously overpriced, lol.

So I'm clueless as I don't like the wheels? Think you miss the point I'm making here. I'm not saying the wheels are not lighter etc I'm saying I don't like them. That is my opinion and don't make me clueless.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with the wheels. but they look better on a hatches usually.
Ill probably get some for me gti6 at some stage as they are light and have awesome brake clearance

Soldato
OP
So I'm clueless as I don't like the wheels? Think you miss the point I'm making here. I'm not saying the wheels are not lighter etc I'm saying I don't like them. That is my opinion and don't make me clueless.

It's your opinion and the whole of your post was just negative. But I wasn't the first to pick you up on it. See posts #8 and #9. It's obvious you didn't know about team dynamic alloys and that kinda makes you a bit clueless imo. :p

Associate
When you say detrimental to reliability...in what way exactly ? If it uses a maf I can see there being small issues but you'd notice it instantly..

Not having a dump valve either recirc or atmospheric would be bad for reliability due to premature wear on the turbo.

The MAF point is valid regarding a recirculation vs atmospheric release valve, but I was more meaning it is just another component to fail/leak that dosen't do anything useful. Off-throttle surge is nothing and has no effect on turbo longevity.

Associate
It's your opinion and the whole of your post was just negative. But I wasn't the first to pick you up on it. See posts #8 and #9. It's obvious you didn't know about team dynamic alloys and that kinda makes you a bit clueless imo. :p

I know all about team dynamics wheels pal don't mean I have to like them does it. I had bbs ch wheels on my car and some people didn't Like them. Don't make them clueless it means they have an opinion. If I was being negative I would have said it looks like a typical chav car that's been beaten within a inch of its life.

Caporegime
The MAF point is valid regarding a recirculation vs atmospheric release valve, but I was more meaning it is just another component to fail/leak that dosen't do anything useful. Off-throttle surge is nothing and has no effect on turbo longevity.

Hmm so your basing the complaint on a leaky bov?

Tell me how does pumping hot air that's just been through a turbo and might not have made it to the ic yet right back into the air intake pre turbo help with anything ? If you like hot intake pipes umm fine if you like screwing up your air intake temp readings and potentially re compressing already hot air after a gear shift then each to their own I guess!

Associate

Tell me how does pumping hot air that's just been through a turbo and might not have made it to the ic yet right back into the air intake pre turbo help with anything ? If you like hot intake pipes umm fine if you like screwing up your air intake temp readings and potentially re compressing already hot air after a gear shift then each to their own I guess!

Well for one if that air has been measured by a MAF the ECU will momentarily overfuel if it is lost through a VTA bov.
I'm saying remove the valve completely, and keep that pressurised air between the turbo and throttle plate in situ during fast gear changes.
Air temperature sensor should be located post throttle.

Associate

Ok a little confused, are you saying this car comes from factory without a recirc? Or are you saying it is installed before the charge cooler??

I've never heard anyone argue that a BOV is better than a recirc before! :p
Well for one if that air has been measured by a MAF the ECU will momentarily overfuel if it is lost through a VTA bov.
I'm saying remove the valve completely, and keep that pressurised air between the turbo and throttle plate in situ during fast gear changes.
Air temperature sensor should be located post throttle.
Won't removing all forms of dump valve give you the same issue as running a BOV? Ie, air being monitored by the MAF twice?

Back
Top Bottom