Iphone5 loudspeaker stopped working?

Soldato
Hi all has anyone ever had any issues with the loudspeaker just randomly stopping, tried everything to get it working again.

Last time I was using it was the other day using an app called Zello then all off a sudden boom no loudspeaker, tried soft reset, unmute/mute, volume up, been in the settings, done an update to latest OS Just seems a bit strange the last time it was working was when i was using the app? Could something have damaged the loudspeaker or is this a software issue?

Associate
I had this problem yesterday and noticed that every time I turned up the volume it thought there was still a set of headphones plugged in. Shoved a bit of tissue up the headphone jack and left it there for 5 or 10 mins then pulled it out and it worked again :).

Soldato
OP
Nope iv had earphones in and out now several times as that's the only way I can now get sound.

I'm on the latest update, there was no water around me when it went, as I said I was just using Zello with phone on my desk and it stopped working.

I did have a bit of a water accident 2 months or so ago but it has been fine for 2 months no issues what's so ever after drying out properly, was placed in bowl of rice and in airing cupboard for 3-4 days. Been using the phone with everything functional

Associate
Probably isn't something to do with water. People are reporting no differences with .4 doing anything to the speaker. I'd suggest to just go to a genius and let them swap your phone out.

Back
Top Bottom