***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
I hope so too, but clicking on the link on a desktop PC running Google Chrome just give me a blank text area, although the 'header', right hand 'side-bar' and 'footer' are displayed OK... strange!

'HTC One received a firmware update last week that involved a 230 MB software package, but it seems that the Tatiwan-based company is on the verge of rolling out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for its flagship smartphone. The last week’s HTC One update brought the firmware version to 1.29.401.12, and, according to GottaBeMobile we should prepare for another update.
We are talking about the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC One which will also bring some major improvements. The firmware version of the HTC One will jump from 1.29.x to 2.x and one of the most important changes will probably involve the apps that require a Menu button.
You probably know that on the HTC One running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean a special virtual button appears in the low end of the display. Well, after the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC One will be rolled out, the users will no longer have to long press the Back button to open the Menu window, like it is currently happening after the last firmware update.
Rumor has it that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC One will allow the users to integrate new information sources in Blinkfeed, besides Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Twitter, calendar, and others. The TV remote control app will also be improved after the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for HTC One rolls out, but the most anticipated new feature is the Quick Settings menu in the Notification Area, which allows you to quickly turn on/off NFC, WiFi, 4G, Bluetooth, set display Brightness and other.
'

Soldato
Caporegime
Supposedly the one X, S etc. are receiving sense V5 with 4.2.2 around summer time (iirc June was mentioned) so the one should get the update sometime within the next month.

Associate
Wow, Google Navigation is almost impossible to use on this. I gave it over 20 minutes earlier in its usual spot in the car and it was still searching for GPS. My Galaxy S2 used to take about three seconds to do this.

Other than that, great device.

Soldato
Wow, Google Navigation is almost impossible to use on this. I gave it over 20 minutes earlier in its usual spot in the car and it was still searching for GPS. My Galaxy S2 used to take about three seconds to do this.

Other than that, great device.

That's odd, I've only used Google Nav once so far since I got this phone and it picked up the signal within 5 seconds. Will try it out some more tomorrow.

Associate
HTC ONE ORDERED!, Ordered from Mobile Phones Direct couldn't find a deal that would match the price as the one they had on offer at MPD, £45 Upfront Cost for handset, 500 Mins, Unlimited Data and texts, Read some mixed reviews about MPD, Curious if anyone else has ordered previously from MPD and encountered any problems or anything?

Caporegime
Love this phone. So glad I exchanged my s4 for it!

Only thing I'm not so impressed with so far is battery life. Does it start to get better after the first few charges?

Soldato
That's odd, I've only used Google Nav once so far since I got this phone and it picked up the signal within 5 seconds. Will try it out some more tomorrow.

Same experience here when I used the GPS, very pleased with the speed there, much faster than my previous Android phones, and about on par with my 920.

Back
Top Bottom