rMBP refurbished from USA

Soldato
Hey,

GF is thinking of picking up a rMBP 15" from USA, it comes out to roughly 1k which is almost half the price for a great machine.

Just wondering, how different is the keyboard and if you guys would recommend this. From my understand refurbished Apple laptops get a proper testing and are generally just as good if not better then getting new laptops.

So what do you guys think.

Soldato
OP
No. How would she return it if it went wrong?

She goes to visit every 6-12 months has she has family there, and someone else from her family is visiting every month or so (Very big family and half of them moved to the States 3 years back). So it should be fine if it breaks, her currently Laptop is from the States too so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

But it is always good to think of the worse case, thanks.

Soldato
if ur buying it from apple its global warranty anyway.

As above. Warranty is not an issue.

The only difference will be that the keyboard will not have the £ symbol but will have # instead. Also the enter key will be short and wide like the shift key and the power adapter will be a USA plug which is easy to swap.

Honestly is sound like a good idea to me, just don't forget that the price on the US website does not include tax.

Soldato
OP
As above. Warranty is not an issue.

The only difference will be that the keyboard will not have the £ symbol but will have # instead. Also the enter key will be short and wide like the shift key and the power adapter will be a USA plug which is easy to swap.

Honestly is sound like a good idea to me, just don't forget that the price on the US website does not include tax.

Yeah just added tax earlier today, turns out to be £1160 but that still a great saving even compared to the refurbished here which is £1400~ or the price on student discount. I guess we can try out the Apple store/Best buy when we get there to see how the keyboard is.

Associate
OK I am in the states right now typing on my new 13inch retina MBP. Its the 256 SSD version and I paid £1056 for it last week. When you set it up just set it to UK english, and the number 3 key (when you use shift) becomes a £ sign. I have no idea where the hash goes, but frankly who cares !

The warranty is international, and the saving when buying from the states is 33% ! Its a no brainer IMHO.

Soldato
Warranty is international.

All Apple laptops have the USA position " @ keys.
The USA one have the # instead of £. Oh and the USA enter key is far better than the UK one IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom