Charging My UK iPad in Europe & iPhone Data Question

Soldato
I'm going on holiday next month to Portugal and I'm planning on taking my iPad 3 with me.

These may be a stupid questions but I'm just wondering if I can charge my iPad and iPhone with the Apple standard UK plug that came with it by plugging that into a travel plug adapter? Or do I need a different plug all together?

I'm also considering taking my iPhone for easy communication back home. What do I need to do, if anything to insure no nasty data cost surprises on my next bill?

Associate
I've just come back from Prague and I charged both my iPhone and iPad every day with the standard plug using an adapter, so I can guarantee that this will be fine.

Soldato
OP
I've just come back from Prague and I charged both my iPhone and iPad every day with the standard plug using an adapter, so I can guarantee that this will be fine.

That's what I thought. That's great thanks for confirming :)

Europe and UK use the same voltage and frequency so you'll be ok.

Turn off Data Roaming on the iPhone and talk to your provider about a package for when you're away.

Thanks will do! :cool:

Associate
The (official) Apple chargers support all voltages, so you can use them worldwide with just a plug adapter. If you're ever in doubt, check the small writing on the electrical device. It should say something like 100-240V 50-60Hz input. Just make sure it can take the voltage of your destination country.

Soldato
A handy tip...

On most new TVs there is a USB port on the back which can be used to charge things like your iPhone and iPad (although I'm not sure how fast/slow they will charge). Great if you want to charge them both but don't have extra travel adaptors.

Caporegime
Alternatively just buy a european USB charger, then you don't even need to worry about the UK/europe adaptor when going abroad.

Soldato
I found the apple charger I took was a really tight fit into the travel plug (the one which looks like the 1st gen AirPort), but it charged perfectly fine.

Just remember things like your data roaming settings. :)

Back
Top Bottom