*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
I have a linking book set up that spawns you right next to a blaze spawner I found :) currently working a shard up from it. Got a tier 2 at the minute, wont let me place it in a cage for some reason though.... Next time I'm on ill show you :)

No need I have a tier 5 spawner now

Server is not on I think cannot connect to it at the mo. :(

Yep its down :(.

Thinking this maybe a good plugin for the server (recommended on some FTB threads)
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...etection-auto-saves-remote-console-1-5-1.674/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Associate
Bit late to the party but I have a feeling the lag may have been caused by someone travelling ~10k blocks in the mining world, causing the world to generate, which puts fairly heavy load on the server.

Hence the Forestry spam too, as new land generates new apatite veins. Take a look at the livemap and you can see it.

"2013-05-13 14:22:11 [FINEST] [Forestry] Generated apatite vein around 519/71/11681"

Associate
agree 10k is a long way but bare in mind only certain chunks will be loaded. Apart from chunk loaders players only load a 10x10 chunk area when active. The rest of the area is unloaded and should not cause any strain on the server.

Last edited:
Associate
Absolutely Nutty, it's unlikely to be the cause of constant lag/crashes. It does explain that specific "lag session" was caused by the world generating, rather than another issue, however.

Associate
Absolutely Nutty, it's unlikely to be the cause of constant lag/crashes. It does explain that specific "lag session" was caused by the world generating, rather than another issue, however.

tbh it has not been that laggy yes we get the odd spell. Main problem atm is if the server goes down during the day we don't have any admins to give it a quick kick up the rear.

Last edited:
Soldato
sorry just come back from watching Star Trek server re-booted world generation is a big cause of lag on the server. Anybody doing a bit of exploring please do it by foot and not flat out grav suit as using that will bring the server down if a number of players are on.

I have added both todays crash reports to the dropbox as I know how much you guys like dissecting them :p

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cobj6jabph98t5v/9dFeDCitsW

both contain the reason and locations :0

Last edited:
Associate
Second crash is caused by using the Ars Magica spell 'Dig', on a Dimensional anchor. Tested on a local server and it produced the same result/crash log. Just a one off it seems, though probably best not duplicate :p

Soldato
"Error, You don't have FML Installed"

Any ideas? Tried to re-download Mod pack from FTB and it hangs on Downloading .mod pack...please wait.

96kb / 994kb.

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting.

2013-05-17 17:31:56 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mithion/arsmagica/AMExtendedProperties

Ars magica is one from the extra mod pack, so try redownloading the extra mods from the linktart website again & recopying them to the Ultimate folder. Might have been a corrupted download/unzipping issue.

Back
Top Bottom