Gran Turismo 6

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Hope it is for PS3, if it is I will be content to put off buying a PS4 till there are more decent games and the price comes down. I suspect however that it will be for PS4, take about 4 years to release, have about 20 gb of patches and only about 10% of the cars will have PS4 graphics.

Last edited:
Associate
Hope it is for PS3, if it is I will be content to put off buying a PS4 till there are more decent games and the price comes down. I suspect however that it will be for PS4, take about 4 years to release, have about 20 gb of patches and only about 10% of the cars will have PS4 graphics.
It'll be for PS3. There is a chance it will be for PS4 as well, but it seems slim. Regarding the cars, the Premium models from GT5 (and presumably GT6 on PS3) were made with next-gen in mind. You will note that in photomode, there is still no driving game that looks as good as GT5. This is because the assets are already good enough for PS4. Look at DriveClub's cars - they are not a generational leap above GT5's Premiums.

Caporegime
What are you talking about? :confused:

He's right about everything.

Remember in the football stadium when he enlighten me in regards to Manchester United and Barcelona would be much more successful playing long ball football with a big man up top :D.

I didn't enjoy GT5, but I'm not an expert on the series, I did enjoy GT4 a lot though :cool:.

Associate
I was really hoping this would come to the PS4 :(

The one thing that stopped me playing GT5 was the amount of messing around it took to organise joining a lobby with friends. This was nothing to do with GT5, but the fact there is no party chat on PS3!

Apart from that and the lack of european cars/customisation, it was so much more in depth than Forza! Especially online.

Looking at the trailer though they seem to have a few classics + silverstone! I know i'll still end up getting it, just think they missed the boat not releasing it on PS4. Even if it takes another year to finish!

Soldato
Seems a bit strange that Sony would not use one of its biggest names to launch PS4. If it is going to be ready for PS3 by then they may as well chuck on some heavy AA and call it a PS4 game.

Caporegime
Hopefully this can be what GT5 should have been, there wasn't much content in GT5 as far as races went, and there were barely any secrets compared to the previous games. I remember people saying if you get to a certain A-Spec level the full damage model would be unlocked when in actual fact the damage was already unlocked, that was it. I'm also not a big fan in the vast majority of the roster being comprised of GT3, GT4 and GT PSP models, they did scrub up fairly well but it put a big downer on the whole experience for me.

We could have done with more tracks too, considering Polyphony had already designed many tracks for the previous games I can only assume that these weren't included due to poor time management or pure laziness. I daren't go into detail about the lack of tuning and customisation options, the screen tearing, the horrific shadows and the lacklustre soundtrack.

Soldato
Seems a bit strange that Sony would not use one of its biggest names to launch PS4. If it is going to be ready for PS3 by then they may as well chuck on some heavy AA and call it a PS4 game.

I suspect it'd require a lot more work than that though. Plus it's going to sell far more on the PS3 than it would as a PS4 launch title.

Caporegime
Interesting decision to use the half-assed cars they used in Gran Turismo 5. One of the worst thing about that title (there were a lot), so to say they're using them all to get the number to 1200 cars is already worrying, and that was from their day one information showcase.

If I were to list 5 things I wanted Gran Turismo 6 to avoid, the would have been in there, so it'll be interesting to see if any other things that utterly sucked from GT5 will make it across.

Also the fact it's on Playstation 3 kind of blows. This was their chance to come flying in on the next-generation, write GT5 off as a below par anomaly on the series (if we don't could the rubbish prologues and HD releases) and get back to winning ways.

Associate
Just need to improve on what we've had in the past, nice and simple, and for the love of god pleeeease let the loading times be 1000x quicker.

No rewind, nitrous etc save that for NFS or Burnout.

Associate
Reserving judgement until I see gameplay. I want to see if they've resolved the shadow resolution and smoke culling resolution. Demo in the summer to apply for GT Academy. Looking forward to testing the new physics.

Back
Top Bottom