How to block ads on Youtube with IE10?

Soldato
Do you mean the ones imbedded on youtube videos? If so I don't think you can with IE 10, but you can block normal ads that appear on websites etc with tracking protection lists. You can add them by opening the manage add-ons window in IE, and they update automatically.

I recently switched to IE 10, seems much faster than Chrome!

Associate
Do you mean the ones imbedded on youtube videos? If so I don't think you can with IE 10, but you can block normal ads that appear on websites etc with tracking protection lists. You can add them by opening the manage add-ons window in IE, and they update automatically.

I recently switched to IE 10, seems much faster than Chrome!
It is definitely much faster. I have also wondered if there's a way to block embedded ads in IE.

Associate
Hi folks, sorry for resurrecting the thread, but I am wondering if anyone has had any joy finding a free solution to block ads with IE10.

I have been using Chrome for the past few months, but for various reasons I am switching back to IE10.

The only bugbear I have with it is the silly advents, mainly the 30 second adverts prior to watching a clip on youtube, ign etc. I guess what I am after is the same functionality as adblock plus except with IE10.

I have tried mucking around with the tracking protection lists with no luck, any experts out there able to help?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
it wasn't until very recently that i even knew adverts existed in youtube videos. you're clearly using the wrong browser. :p

Perhaps! :D

I need to access a few sites for work related purposes that use remote login, these only function 100% correctly using Internet Explorer. (I have tried various IE compatibility add-ons/plugins for Chrome etc but it is always fairly glitchy).

I am surprised IE does not have a solution to the adverts, very disappointing.

I will play around for a little while longer before giving firefox a go. It would just be more convenient to be using a single browser rather than 1 for work, 1 for surfing.

Obviously I would prefer a free solution, has anyone found a paid for solution that works flawlessly? (although I guess most people wouldn't bother and would switch browser).

I have found the following sites claiming to adblock:

http://simple-adblock.com/

http://www.adblockie.com/en/

Associate
Haven't tried it myself, but Trixie is an addon for IE (shows up under tools) - it's basically greasemonkey for IE. You can then do whatever you want with it. Youtube auto buffer is a nice script for removing adds and forcing settings etc.

Back
Top Bottom