Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The Gwin video is amazing, he just looks so smooth and fast, almost clinical, not quite the same flair as you generally see with other riders but it's obviously working! Also how well set up does the suspension look? Perfect tracking through any instance.

Soldato
The Gwin video is amazing, he just looks so smooth and fast, almost clinical, not quite the same flair as you generally see with other riders but it's obviously working! Also how well set up does the suspension look? Perfect tracking through any instance.

amazing speed he carries

Associate
That canyons crazy good lookin. Joe Barnes n Fabian Barels enduro beast of 2013 there ^^

Anyone hitting Cannock chase today, put what the track condtions like on here if you can, I want to go tomorrow but it its crazy flooded then i'l give it a miss, but if its just puddley then i'm on it like a car bonnet :)

Caporegime
That canyons crazy good lookin. Joe Barnes n Fabian Barels enduro beast of 2013 there ^^

Anyone hitting Cannock chase today, put what the track condtions like on here if you can, I want to go tomorrow but it its crazy flooded then i'l give it a miss, but if its just puddley then i'm on it like a car bonnet :)

Get out and ride, weather shouldn't hold you back!! :D

Just back from the Moray trails, the blue there is so sweeping and so much fun, the black (Gully Monster) is a head mess one slip and it's going to be painful!

Soldato
Just some advice please.

I went from mechanical to some hydraulic brakes...The front one is spot on but my rear one has to be pressed much much harder to break. Does this mean it needs bleeding/burping?

cheers

Gav

Gav

Associate
I knew a few guys with crank brothers wheels. None of them have ever had any issues.. I will wait and see what happens.. They are under warranty anyway so its no big deal if they have to be replaced :)

Soldato
New XT brakes fitted, shorten hoses and no need for a bleed. Simple to swap hoses over.

Jesus wept they are way more powerful than my 3 year old SLX. I nearly went over the bars in the street on a quick test outside first time I pulled the front lever trying to bed them in!! Holy cow.

Gav

Gav

Associate
New XT brakes fitted, shorten hoses and no need for a bleed. Simple to swap hoses over.

Jesus wept they are way more powerful than my 3 year old SLX. I nearly went over the bars in the street on a quick test outside first time I pulled the front lever trying to bed them in!! Holy cow.

A mate has just put them on his zesty.. I had a shot and they were lethal :)

Soldato
Only need to clean the shock and forks, and put some water repellent/lube on the drive-train and mechs. Takes literally a couple of mins, then brush the dried mud off at a later date or let the next wet ride wash it off. MTBs aren't supposed to be clean.

Caporegime
If I don't have time to clean the bike, I normally just clean the chain etc and lube her up.

I need to start taking more care over cleaning though, bearings are knackered in the hub of the rear wheel. This should be fun!

Soldato
£100 to spend, Hybrid required. Can it be done?

So I want to get a Hybrid bike. I'm not sure how much it will get used but is with a view to getting out more with the family on the road, along canal paths and in parks and trails.

I don't want to spend more than £100 in case I dont end up using it much.

What makes/models should i be looking at? (Obv i know it will be an old model for that price), I want something comfy to ride, my last cheap bike was horrendously poor.

SiHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom