Anyone heard or use Ovivo

Man of Honour
200 minutes/texts and 512MB internet. Doesn't seem all that great?

Their website is also very confusing, I don't understand their pricing model. All they mention is a £5 initial payment? What's the monthly cost etc?

Soldato
OP
That's the problem I am having. My stupid work internet (IE7) keeps loading the page and then going blank so i cannot read the pages. Work won't upgrade me to IE8 - lame !

Yeah it's not a great deal but if it's £5 a month it's a pretty good deal for paupers.

I still think the £10 goodybag GiffGaff is the best so far.

Associate
Thread revival! I have only just heard of Ovivo. Currently 1149° on HUKD.

150mins, 200 texts and now 500MB data for a one off payment of £15, with ads appearing every time you use the internet. Too good to be true? Can this business model last? I'm doubtful that they can keep up the running costs with a surge of people signing up, requiring a bigger infrastructure...and more adverts/getting rid of the free package.

Associate
My girlfriend has had an Ovivo SIM as a work SIM for about 6 months, no issues to report. Used to be a £10 activation fee, but you also got less monthly allowance - they increase it every so often which is nice. The out of contract fees aren't extortionate either which is also nice.

Soldato
The model is a copy (ish) of the network Free.Fr in france. It works (if you ask France Telecom - it works too well) and the worse condition your country is in financially, the better it works so to speak. It's not really made it to the UK yet, it would take a fairly big bang to steal custom but never say never - the right marketing push with the right MVMO agreement could brutalise the market.

Associate
Can someone help me out here. I've pointed a friend to the deal on HUKD as he's after a cheap sim for his wife. It'll be used very sparingly so it looks great. The sim will be going into a dumb phone, Nokia 3210. How does/will the Ads get shown to (re)activate the SIM each month?
Thanks.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Can someone help me out here. I've pointed a friend to the deal on HUKD as he's after a cheap sim for his wife. It'll be used very sparingly so it looks great. The sim will be going into a dumb phone, Nokia 3210. How does/will the Ads get shown to (re)activate the SIM each month?
Thanks.

You don't have to be connected on 3G all the time.

My mrs uses a htc desire. Ever since she got ovivo sim, she has never gone online using 3G. So there has been no ads what's so ever. She only uses wifi at home. She ky uses the sim for the free mins and text. Not keen on the Internet.

So don't worry about putting the sim in a 3210.

Back
Top Bottom