** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Associate
Looks more promising than I had expected, will have to wait and see until e3 obviously but I'm slightly more optimistic after seeing some of that footage.

Soldato
IT just looks like the same engine with the foundations of the game engine being largely the same with higher res textures and new particle physics - a bit like what Valve did to the Source engine by adding HDR etc. The difference here being that they want us to think this is an entirely new engine to make it seem like they are putting the effort in and not recycling the same old **** every year. Nothing in the those videos convinced me that it was a new engine. Modified yes, but not new.

I will probably look out for the single player campaign as per usual as I don't really play CoD for mp, but I am not sure that I am buying into it this time though. Black Ops 2 was so utterly boring and predictable that I just stopped playing it. I enjoyed all the CoD games but that was it for me - I could no longer tolerate the recycled **** anymore. A lot of people are less tolerant than me with the CoD games, but that was my limit. And as this seems to be more of the same, I'm really not sold on the idea that it will be something completely new like they seem to imply. I'll still reserve some judgement for the for the gameplay videos, but I definitely will not being holding my breath for anything spectacular.

Soldato
i have read a few articles this morning and there does indeed seem to be a lot of work gone into the new engine not just a "tweaked " engine as some suggest.

few interesting things i noted

Maps — which players can modify themselves — can also experience weather events, like an earthquake or flood that changes the terrain. Players can knock down buildings for cover, or they can even enter a room, pull the door shut behind them and break off the handle

they also have a special part of the engine which is what pixar uses for rounding things of perfectly which sounds cool

there is a lot extra it isn't a tweaked engine maybe people may believe this now :D

one thing that immediately made me laugh was the vaulting such a simple thing to do and i have mentioned this in bf3 so many times (how its literally impossible to nail every jump in bf3 cause of stupid animations) and finally someone notices how important it is . simple things like this make games.

http://www.psu.com/a019508/Call-of-Duty--Ghosts-doesnt-use-a-brand-new-engine-after-all

Caporegime
OP
Quelle surprise.

DG calling DG........your time.

:p if it is a tweaked engine it is.

just want to see mp to see if they gone mp like cod 4 with better graphics that's all i want personally and a decent anti cheat.

even if it was brand new cod best ever fps half of people would put its crap regardless :D . i dont mind. i will wait to see e3 on the 11th june to 13th then see how it fairs.

Soldato
lolwo.jpg

Muchos lulz. That and the picture of the 'realistic' lighting in the jungle with the god rays coming from a completely random place to the left when the sun is clearly visible dead ahead.

If only the Xbox One wasn't such a colossal joke more attention would be focused on just how much a joke the new CoD is :(

But whatever, it's going to sell <insert the amount of 10-15 year olds in the first world> copies anyway.

Soldato
Just can't buy it after the last two, bitterly disappointed with the rubbish they released on those occasions so even if it is good I will wait 'til it's on sale. They were far too greedy and lazy with the last few games, apart from a few of the missions.

Caporegime
OP
Spektor does that image highlight which is better to play though?

how does cs compare to the bf3 image ? which is better game cs of course

how does cod 4 compare to the bf3 image better game = cod 4

great graphics doesnt mean good game play. i do like cod i do like some bf games but bf3 is garbage is so many ways but does look pretty. will cod ghosts be great who knows but i will wait to see actual mp footage first before judging it.

Back
Top Bottom