Panasonic New ZT60 High-end Plasma 'KURO KILLER' with beyond Reference Picture Quality.

Soldato
OP
I do wonder if many people would really notice the difference between a highend TV vs normal priced TV after owning it for 6months or so after the new toy effect has warn off.
And you just come home from work and just sit down and throw the TV on..;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I do wonder if many people would really notice the difference between a highend TV vs normal priced TV after owning it for 6months or so after the new toy effect has warn off.

pretty much why I say the GT50 is the best tv to buy.

also lol to the GT50 not being high end by someone above, the fact it beats 99% of tv's out there, imo that would make it high end.

seriously how many tv's out there are better? less than 10? i am not talking professional displays here, only commercial units made for home use.

Soldato
They do have a flicker that some people are more prone to seeing than others, I can see it and it is very annoying which is why I didn't buy the VT50.

Yep. I see the flickering. I returned an ST50 earlier this year because I couldn't live with it. I now have a GT50, which has either broken in, or I've got used to, becuase although I could see some flicker to begin with, I can't any longer.

Seems to me it's to do with the was the TV signal is processed. There was no flicker at all when with the ST50 when viewing DVD or Apple TV.

Caporegime
Thats like saying a Boxster is a high-end car just because its got a Porsche badge on it

no because the boxster doesn't beat 99% of all other cars now does it?

whereas the GT50 beats 99% of all commercially available tv's for home use. it's in the top 1% which in my eyes makes it high end.

Associate
Well considering all the well documented issues effecting the GT50/VT50 series sets (DFC, 50hz bug...) then actually the GT60 is the best bang for buck you can get at the moment.

My only issue is they aren't doing it in 55 inch.

Soldato

I disagree, had a GT50 for almost a year now and the picture always manages to amaze me all the time. ;)

Soldato
I disagree, had a GT50 for almost a year now and the picture always manages to amaze me all the time. ;)

Depends what you have compared it to directly doesn't it.

(Im happy you are satisfied with your purchase for that length of time - but the GT50 is not all that - the '60 range has improved Panasonic's range considerably)

no because the boxster doesn't beat 99% of all other cars now does it?

whereas the GT50 beats 99% of all commercially available tv's for home use. it's in the top 1% which in my eyes makes it high end.

Believe if or not you are not the defacto standard of what makes a product "high end"

I have never disputed that its good in your eyes - and good for you that you are that easily satisfied, but that has NOTHING to do with "high end".

(and given the **** on the roads, yes the Boxster probably IS in the top 1% - and the fact that the REALLY top cars probably account for 0.0005 % of the cars on the road given how few are available /sold)

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends what you have compared it to directly doesn't it.

(Im happy you are satisfied with your purchase for that length of time - but the GT50 is not all that - the '60 range has improved Panasonic's range considerably)

GT30/VT30/VT50/ST50
Sony HX853/Samsung ES8000

The only one that I could see was MARGINALLY better was the VT50, and rightly so.

The 60 series may wipe the floor but it doesn't exclude the fact the GT50 is still a mammoth of a TV, and as Psycho Sonny said, beats the majority of consumer televisions on the market.

Just for the record I've been through well over 15+ sets of LCD/Plasma which had one issue or another and found myself settling with the GT50 as it offered the least issues. Having said that, there's no perfect TV, you have to put up with a few niggles here and there, it's a matter of what doesn't bother you.

The GT50 at £799 has to be the best bang for buck TV and I don't see anything coming remotely close to it for a price/performance ratio.

Caporegime
That the problem when you already own a pioneer plasma..
You could end up spending over 3k for something that no better then what you already got..:(

Lettuce be cereal. Panasonic's use 25% or less electricity than Pioneer Plasma's, this is the main thing being holding back PQ, tight regulations on Energy Ratings.

Panasonic Plasma's are now a hell of a lot thinner, produce a hell of a lot less heat and have a multitude of new inputs and technology inside them, such as Camera's, Skype, Youtube, Iplayer, etc. They also weigh a fraction of their older counterparts.

Everybody knows had Panasonic not have to adhere to Energy consumption regulations they would have beaten the Kuro range black and blue years ago.

Also say you do not own a Kuro, do you really want to go out and buy a 6 year old TV which consumes 5 times as much electricity, produces a hell of a lot of heat, weighs more than the moon and has zero warranty? A lot of people cannot afford to blow £4K on a TV right now (recession).

The Kuro is an old, fat, outdated, inefficient machine, it's had it's time, it's glory days are now over.

Associate
from reading over at avforums, you have to have more money then sense to buy this tv, the new VT65 is slightly inferior and half the price or thereabouts.

the ZT65 uses the same panel as the VT65 the major difference is that the pane of glass used is much closer to the filter and panel, meaning the gap is the smallest they have ever made. that's basically it.

imo the best tv's to buy at the moment are the 50" GT50 (£720) or a F8500/E8000 (if you want to avoid the issues panasonic panels have) or a VT65 if you really must have a top end set but imo even that is overpriced when you compare it to say a GT60.

the ZT65 is horribly overpriced. imo the GT50 is hard to beat in terms of PQ and value for money. basically even if i had a £10K budget, i would still buy the GT50 simply because it is sooooo good yet sooooo cheap.

were can you get it for that price now

Caporegime
Lettuce be cereal. Panasonic's use 25% or less electricity than Pioneer Plasma's, this is the main thing being holding back PQ, tight regulations on Energy Ratings.

Panasonic Plasma's are now a hell of a lot thinner, produce a hell of a lot less heat and have a multitude of new inputs and technology inside them, such as Camera's, Skype, Youtube, Iplayer, etc. They also weigh a fraction of their older counterparts.

Everybody knows had Panasonic not have to adhere to Energy consumption regulations they would have beaten the Kuro range black and blue years ago.

Also say you do not own a Kuro, do you really want to go out and buy a 6 year old TV which consumes 5 times as much electricity, produces a hell of a lot of heat, weighs more than the moon and has zero warranty? A lot of people cannot afford to blow £4K on a TV right now (recession).

The Kuro is an old, fat, outdated, inefficient machine, it's had it's time, it's glory days are now over.
Have you looked at the power consumption comparisons ?

Soldato
It's like the whole thread have ignored the GT60.

Buy the GT50 if you don't mind the issues...

Problem is, some people are ignorant in thinking that the GT60 does not have issues either, which is totally wrong to assume. Even the ZT65 has it's issues, end of the day it's a trade off between what you can put up with over other issues. :)

Back
Top Bottom