***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
On theory the s3 is above the n4, unless you want it for latest updates can't see a reason to-do it.this is from someone who prefers the n4 to the s3:)

Soldato
On theory the s3 is above the n4, unless you want it for latest updates can't see a reason to-do it.this is from someone who prefers the n4 to the s3:)

Not really. In certain areas the S3 is better (camera, sound quality), some the N4 (more RAM, faster processor, etc), and certain features are personal preference (AMOLED vs IPS, dedicated capacitive buttons vs on-screen ones). Of course there are more than that, but you get the idea.

Not worth the move if you like TouchWiz and would stick with it on the S3. If you're looking at custom ROMs, I'd make the move, as the situation with custom ROMs on the S3 is a pain in comparison.

Associate
Guys,

Here's an important question, should I sell my S3 and pick up a nexus 4 now? Or should I wait until there's a new nexus out?

Is a new Nexus even confirmed for us anytime soon? I heard the S4 with stock android will be US exclusive.

That aside, my nexus 4 developed a fault with the headphone jack (audio only plays in right side).
Spoke to a Google tech support rep (we both pass time by mouthing off apple) and i got the go ahead for a replacement. I love google support :D

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the best way to remove root ? I have stock android anyway and can't get the Barclay's app working which I need and want to use.

Pros and cons ? I think I will miss as blocker and that's about ?

Soldato
just purchased one of these, as they were so cheap i thought might as well :p

it hasnt shipped yet though.. do google usually take this long to ship goods!? i paid for delivery too :I

Associate
Now that the dust has settled I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick long term use minireview? Maybe someone's done one already in this thread? I'm using a HTC Desire hd so I I guess it'd be a nice upgrade. What's the battery life like?

Caporegime
Now that the dust has settled I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick long term use minireview? Maybe someone's done one already in this thread? I'm using a HTC Desire hd so I I guess it'd be a nice upgrade. What's the battery life like?

there is no better phone within it's price range.

battery is the same as other phones of this type, it lasts a day under normal usage which isn't great but most people charge theirs once a day so it's fine.

the only bad things I can say is it looks fragile, I have mine in a rugged case (a cheap version of ballistic) and I have dropped it a few times and it's still in mint condition, but without the case, I am pretty sure I would have smashed it by now.

another bad point is the camera is really crap at focusing for some reason, i often have to retake a lot of shots then pick the best one, rather than just take one shot.

everything else apart from those 2 points is spot on, I have mine running Paranoid Android, Franco Kernel and I have undervolted the cpu by 50mv on all speeds in a hope to extend battery life a little without impacting the phone, could probably undervolt a lot more but not looked into it that much.

Associate
Just picked one of these up messed with the settings etc but the screen is hogging 60% and draining y battery! I've taken off auto brightness and lowered it and can't see what else is killing the phone .

Not that clued up on android really

Soldato
After years of having a pants phone it's time for me to upgrade so I'm looking at getting this one. I haven't changed my phone for years so sorry for the following noob question!

I want to keep my phone number so is this easy to do?

I'm looking at buying the phone and then getting something like the giffgaff £12 monthly bundle (unless anyone recommends something else).

Back
Top Bottom