• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official GTX780 review thread

Soldato
I hear you.

I had a GTX580 from day 1. Didnt think the GTX680 was worth the upgrade so waited for GTX780. I had the money ready expecting the results it gives at £425-450 & would pull the trigger. But instead the seemed to have rebdged the gtx680 to gtx770 at same price (so pointless upgrade again) & made a faster card but with a £150 premium.

I still easily can afford the GTX780, its just im sat there thinking "I just cannot justify it". With the 7950 + games (including 2 i really want) at £250 & 7970 in similar position at £300 the cost increase just isnt there. Hell i want it & its been sicking in the basket for 2 days but despite all the reviews i reach the same conclusion on price.

Its like u put a price on things like your phone, those pants, that sweater, that chocolate bar, whatever it is, you are willing to pay a certain amount but if the prices is too high you just think "no" even when u really want it.

Annoyingly I have been waiting to upgrade since the 680 & 7970 came out, but don't feel either are an improvement really worthy of going to. The GTX780 offers this but its the wrong side of £500. And even more frustratingly I can't see the price coming down until AMD releases something that will likely be 6 months away (and would prefer if possible to stay with nvidia due to my own personal feelings on drivers)

+1

You've echoed my thoughts pretty much exactly. It's kind of the principle of the situation. If enough people start buying 780's at their currently price it'll only encourage Nvidia to keep on jacking up the prices and cranking up their profit margins!

Having said that I was planning on building a new Haswell PC next month and the 780 is the video card I want to put into it. TBH the extra £100-150 on the price tag of a complete PC wont be 'that' noticeable but I still can't shake the feeling I'm being mugged paying £600 for a video card!

Caporegime
I hear you.

I had a GTX580 from day 1. Didnt think the GTX680 was worth the upgrade so waited for GTX780. I had the money ready expecting the results it gives at £425-450 & would pull the trigger. But instead the seemed to have rebdged the gtx680 to gtx770 at same price (so pointless upgrade again) & made a faster card but with a £150 premium.

I still easily can afford the GTX780, its just im sat there thinking "I just cannot justify it". With the 7950 + games (including 2 i really want) at £250 & 7970 in similar position at £300 the cost increase just isnt there. Hell i want it & its been sicking in the basket for 2 days but despite all the reviews i reach the same conclusion on price.

Its like u put a price on things like your phone, those pants, that sweater, that chocolate bar, whatever it is, you are willing to pay a certain amount but if the prices is too high you just think "no" even when u really want it.

Annoyingly I have been waiting to upgrade since the 680 & 7970 came out, but don't feel either are an improvement really worthy of going to. The GTX780 offers this but its the wrong side of £500. And even more frustratingly I can't see the price coming down until AMD releases something that will likely be 6 months away (and would prefer if possible to stay with nvidia due to my own personal feelings on drivers)

Indeed. I would like a 780 and could afford one if I really wanted but it is just too much in my opinion. £550 is just too much. My upgrade budget for a new card is really only a more sensible £300 which I thought might get me a 770....doesnt look like it now though.

Associate
I hear you.

I had a GTX580 from day 1. Didnt think the GTX680 was worth the upgrade so waited for GTX780.

I have a GTX580 from day 1 too. When Titan launched at £900+ I just went and got a second 580 to run in SLI for £150. Seems like a much better use of money! Hopefully AMD can release something soon to get these prices down.

Associate
From hardware.info

Inno3d iChill gtx 780 HerculeZ 3000

apivxj.png

2rneovm.png

9fqxqg.png

2qs3rly.png

a4o3nl.png

do1740.png

Back
Top Bottom