Going out in Brixton!

Soldato
OP
You havent exactly sold it too me guys!

I've never been to Brixton in my life. 10 years ago, it was a danger area, but I hear it's not that bad anymore and do have a few freinds that actually live in Brixton. :eek:

My night will end with me needing to get a bus from Brixton to Trafalgar Square in the early morning.

Permabanned
is it safe to go out drinking, and then have an hours journey home?
An hour is too long, with a femoral artery cut you will be dead in minutes,
best case is a arrow bullet to the knee which gives you around 30 minutes.

At the very least you are looking at a taxi back and full BUPA coverage.

Associate
Stayed with friends there on numerous visits over the past year and thoroughly enjoyed myself each time. Never had any hassle despite being a drunken fool on most of those occasions!

daz

daz

Soldato
Brixton itself around the tube etc tends to be fine. It's the areas around Brixton, heading towards the estates when you start going off down side streets where you have to watch who's around you etc. As with any busy place, of course try not to advertise your iPhone 5 whilst walking down the street.

Soldato
Some stupid posts on here. I've had some great times in Brixton albeit a few years ago now. Don't believe everything you hear or read. Check it out for yourself.

Remain respectful and chances are you'll come to no harm. Behave like an idiot and you might end up in trouble. Just like anywhere else.

Soldato
I did a stand-up gig at the Ritzy cinema in Brixton a couple of years back, been to a few gigs at the Brixton Academy too. Stick to the main roads and you'll probably be fine.

Probably.

Soldato
I've been out in Brixton only once, and I didn't feel like I was gonna be rapestabbed at all.
As mentioned, don't act like a clown and go out and have fun :)

Randomly, this thread title made me think of the song "Flying into Tokyo" by Magnetic Man, and what a "Going out In Brixton" might sound like in comparison made me giggle.

Back
Top Bottom