ico and shadow of the colossus hd collection?

Soldato
Ive hesrd good things about these games and this collection!

Ive never played them, but am interested in trying this out!

Impressions?

Apparently the 3d is really well implemented too which would be a bonus as ive yet to play a game through in 3d

Associate
They're both excellent.

I think I prefer Ico over Colossus, but for many it is the opposite.

I would encourage anyone to buy the HD collection, but would give one warning, the control scheme is slightly old school, you may struggle with it at first. But I would encourage you to work with it until it is second nature.

At that point the game, the art, the story will take over and you're left with a pair of exceptional games.

Caporegime
Two tips for new people to Shadow of the Colossus which I would never have even thought of doing.

1. Eat the food in the trees and on the ground to increase your health

2. Shoot the black salamanders on the save shrines to increase your grip meter

Soldato
Two tips for new people to Shadow of the Colossus which I would never have even thought of doing.

1. Eat the food in the trees and on the ground to increase your health

2. Shoot the black salamanders on the save shrines to increase your grip meter

it's just the white tailed lizards that you want, not the black ones

Soldato
OP
Yep im glad i held off when i made this thread as they are now on plus :) thank god! It wouldnt be the first time i brought something just before it came up :p

Associate
You're in for a treat.

And like the God of War Collection, they received an update (along with Vita firmware) for enhanced Remote Play. Before this update, Remote Play was a bit of a joke, but it's now very playable and quite impressive. If you want a taster of what PS4's universal Remote Play feature is going to be like on Vita (which will be even better), I recommend trying it out.

Soldato
You're in for a treat.

And like the God of War Collection, they received an update (along with Vita firmware) for enhanced Remote Play. Before this update, Remote Play was a bit of a joke, but it's now very playable and quite impressive. If you want a taster of what PS4's universal Remote Play feature is going to be like on Vita (which will be even better), I recommend trying it out.

Considering getting a VITA, there is one in the members market I'm really giving serious thought into making an offer for.

I'm from the looks of it going to be going down the the PS4 route, and VITA remote play has now been made mandatory for PS4 games excluding PS eye titles..

Not sure, there might be a PS4 vita bundle, anyhow I'll give ICO and Shadow of the Colossus a go tonight as I left my PS3 on last night to download. PSN can be a tad slow at times..

Associate
im not sure how far im into the game but i could do with some tips i will put it in spoilers just incase ;)
i have finally opened the big gate but yorda keeps falling over can i stop this ? also there is a type of cut scene while the platform moves away i have tried jumping to her but keep dropping to my doom :confused:

Back
Top Bottom