• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PSU for GTX780 SLI (dual) ?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Do you guys think a 850W PSU be ample for two GTX-780 cards in SLI?

I also have an Ivybridge i7, Creative Xfi soundcard, an SSD and two HDDs.

I'm also googling, but thought it could be a very trivial question for someone more in the know.

Thanks in advance.

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

OP
I'm pretty sure it's a Corsair HX850 (or if not a Corsair HX750) - so I would say it's a good quality.

Thanks for the help :)

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

OP
Sorry for the bump.

Turns out I have a Corsair AX750 (which provides 750W). Should I look into this carefully or will they definitely be happy?

Soldato
Thanks.

It's just quotes like this that make me nervous : 'GeForce GTX 780 2-way SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 800 Watt power supply unit as minimum.' (from : http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/evga_geforce_gtx_780_sc_acx_review,7.html )

"Our test system is based on a power hungry six-core Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E based setup on the X79 chipset platform"

Sandybridge-E CPUs use a mental amount of wattage, especially when overclocked. Your ivybridge cpu isn't even on the radar when it comes to the power requirement, seriously. Doubt you'd have an issue with a 750w psu, let alone a 850w.

Soldato
They're being very conservative...very.
750W especially an AX750 will be plenty, even if you're taking 700W from the wall that PSU still isn't sweating tbh. The bigger advantages of running a much higher rated wattage PSU is the noise and silent fan @ idle.

Back
Top Bottom