***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
Anyone had troubles upgrading to EE?

I received my One yesterday, popped the new EE SIM card in at about 3pm, it recognized it and worked out of the box. I could make calls (albeit on a new number) and I could receive 4G.

My old Orange SIM card promply stopped working, the phone receives a signal but I can't call out from it (calls are barred from that number), and people can't text that number either.

The EE SIM in my One has signal, I can make calls off the new number, but I can't receive Mobile internet in any shape or form.

It's nearly been 24 hours so I don't want to call them just yet as they'll probably tell me to bugger off and wait until that periods elapsed. Anyone got any other ideas what it could be?

Soldato
Mediadevil screen protector came in today, and it feels much nicer than the TeckNet ones I originally bought.

Grey Poetic Atmosphere + screen proctector = still a damn sexy looking phone :D.

I would take pictures of it but I have zero camera skills...

Also got my giffgaff SIM today, everything was automatically set up, all I had to do was choose the giffgaff operator for the internet to work :D.

Anyone had troubles upgrading to EE?

I received my One yesterday, popped the new EE SIM card in at about 3pm, it recognized it and worked out of the box. I could make calls (albeit on a new number) and I could receive 4G.

My old Orange SIM card promply stopped working, the phone receives a signal but I can't call out from it (calls are barred from that number), and people can't text that number either.

The EE SIM in my One has signal, I can make calls off the new number, but I can't receive Mobile internet in any shape or form.

It's nearly been 24 hours so I don't want to call them just yet as they'll probably tell me to bugger off and wait until that periods elapsed. Anyone got any other ideas what it could be?

Sounds like you need to manually set up the APN settings: http://www.4gtricks.com/2013/04/ee-apn-settings-ee-mms-settings.html

Go to settings, then mobile data, and under Access point names try those settings in the link.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, doesn't sound quite as bad as what other people make it out to be then :)

If I hear nothing about sense V5 for the 1S by the end of June, I might just have to root my 1S :p :(

hehe yeah it isn't bad at all, the hardest part is unlocking the bootloader but if you have fastboot set up properly it should be really smooth! I forgot I had my N4 drivers still installed too so that made it a bit more long winded than it should have been.

How it looks now!

Screenshot_2013-05-31-13-51-05_zpsc6bb6101.png

Loads better :p

Now I just need blinkfeed to allow you to use your own sources & I'll be a happy chappy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I posted about a weird blue hue I get in some low light shots.

Here is an example:

I know this is terrible photo. Poorly taken, lighting couldn't be any worse. I'm not worried about the quality (I have plenty of decent pics) but do you see the blue in the bottom corners? I get this quite a lot in low light. Also in low light videos.

Does it look like a faulty camera? Software issue? (Still on 1.28).

Caporegime
hehe yeah it isn't bad at all, the hardest part is unlocking the bootloader but if you have fastboot set up properly it should be really smooth! I forgot I had my N4 drivers still installed too so that made it a bit more long winded than it should have been.

How it looks now!

Screenshot_2013-05-31-13-51-05_zpsc6bb6101.png

Loads better :p

Now I just need blinkfeed to allow you to use your own sources & I'll be a happy chappy.

Looking good :cool:

Wish HTC would update their notification bar/icons to a more stock look, current ones are dated looking!

@ShortWarning

Definitely not right!

I would say most likely a hardware problem since I haven't seen that problem with similar photos taken by other one devices with the V1.28 firmware

Associate
I am patiently waiting for my HTC to arrive and I am planning to root and rom it. I am also planning to change the kernel as I need to manipulate the software keys.

One question I have is what should be installed first kernel or rom, or does it not matter.

I am looking at ARHD rom with bulletproof kernel if it helps.

Soldato
I am patiently waiting for my HTC to arrive and I am planning to root and rom it. I am also planning to change the kernel as I need to manipulate the software keys.

One question I have is what should be installed first kernel or rom, or does it not matter.

I am looking at ARHD rom with bulletproof kernel if it helps.

Usually kernel first, then the ROM.

Soldato
@ShortWarning

Definitely not right!

I would say most likely a hardware problem since I haven't seen that problem with similar photos taken by other one devices with the V1.28 firmware

Dammit. I thought as much. I'll take a load then leave it on the phone as proof.

I'll try and blag a replacement off of three. I don't fancy going through the rigmarole that HTC is putting everyone through.

Soldato
Great choice mate

Exactly what I'm running apart from my phone is black

Poetic is really a tight fit. Used to have one for my iPhone and it took me 20 mins to get I off lol

Loving the one. Had a nexus 4 before this and can tell how much faster the one is.

It's a EE handset so is still on 1.28.61.7 with no updates found.

Tried the camera and very impressed.

About the gap at top of the phone, mine seems to have a teeny one and looking on xda think it's the trend on these phones, nevertheless im not going to let OCD win me on this lol.

Just need to get used to sense as never used it before. Only stock android and touch wiz

Caporegime
I seen that earlier and got even more annoyed to see the one S not getting the 4.3 update either! :mad:

But then I seen that the desire HD is supposedly getting 4.3..........

Load of BS :p

Back
Top Bottom