Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
going to kirroughtree in a couple of weeks time - day return on the ferry from NI. Anything in particular that is a must-do or missable? trying to build up some fitness before then as i'm a tad on the portly side :) will be taking my boardman fs

Soldato
I tried Cathkin Braes fore the first time last night which incidentally was my first time on a proper trail.

Nearly killed myself.

Great fun. :D

Soldato
Best chain device in the world I have. Hasn't dropped a chain in god knows how many years but did it three time last time at Cathkin and over 9000 today. My rock hammer helped re-allign it though.

Soldato
Continuing my monstercross interest at the moment, loved this one posted on MTBR:
4135246225_5243c3b921_o.jpg

Supercow, I'll send you a D3 helmet of your choice if you'll send me a Singular Peregrine frame :D

Gears?
You girl!
23t2lgk.jpg

Have either of you guys got a Singular Peregrine?

I'm quite liking the look as a winter singlespeed commuter; fat tyres, rack, hydraulic discs.

Other option is the Spot Mod SS Disc, but that's double the price, though does have a split frame for a belt drive...

Soldato
Cas that skirting board could do with replacing mate

:p
Haha, the skirting board isn't that bad really, though it could do with a bit of paint - but I'm renting so that's not my issue.

Doesn't look that bad bit of paint and filler, but I think he needs to buy a hoover and less bike bits.

The hoovering is sorted now, it was just grass as we've had BBQ/parties all weekend with the nice weather. Gotta make a start on the mountain of pots to be cleaned now. Stupid BBQs!

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone use a saddle bag with a dropper post?

Didn't think about this when i got my reverb. I prefer cycling without a bag so used an old saddle bag for a inner tube, levers and multi tool but i don't want to scratch my seatpost or impede its function so i was looking at the bags that connect to the saddle only.

should be ok to use one right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom