*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
I'm having big problems with FTB at the moment. I will be playing fine and then the next time I log in and try to join the server it keeps saying that all my mods are the wrong version and won't let me join. I've had to re-install it a few times and it's hit or miss whether it works or not. Think I'm gonna give up.

Associate
i have disconnected the other things on my network. i suspect it could be the storage bus connected to a chest for overflow cobble. A wooden pipe then pulls the cobble out to a void pipe. I will wait until you are free so i can reconnect stuff up to test.

Associate
I'm having big problems with FTB at the moment. I will be playing fine and then the next time I log in and try to join the server it keeps saying that all my mods are the wrong version and won't let me join. I've had to re-install it a few times and it's hit or miss whether it works or not. Think I'm gonna give up.

make sure you don't have recommended set for the version of the pack
make sure it is set to 1.1.2 and after it has launched then add in the extra mods fro the how to join section of the lt site

Associate

I've just had this, it listed umpteen mods that weren't loaded :(
Next time I followed the update FTB prompt (which I'd kept ignoring up to now, as nobody said otherwise)
This time it complained about dimensional anchors, liquidXP, ars magic

I found these in the 'temp link for extra mods needed' on linktart,
Unzipped and popped it into the ultimate-Minecraft folder (zip thing contains mods, core mods and config)
Overwrote anything it asked about.

This time it worked :)

Although in the scrolly list window it complains about Dropbox files. I looked into this and found that those Dropbox files have been disabled due to lots of traffic. What the significance of this is I don't know, because the game still starts.

That scrolly window lists a million other things it doesn't like but I don't know what they mean either.

Anyway, I've just made a coke oven in preparation for making a blast furnace (in 6 months time), but I've discovered it's a really neat thing to make anyway. One piece of coke has just melted 32 ingots of iron !!!? :eek: and it makes creosote too, which can run other engines (not got that far yet)

Associate
This wont be of much use now, but for later dont forget that there is one recipe that uses the minium stone to get steel. It makes the steel dust that looks more like fragments than dust. I cant remember exactly how it works, but i'm sure you will find it
I think I have enough red things to make one, but I've not tracked down a steel recipe yet

I believe you can make magma cream by combining slime balls and blaze dust which should make things a bit easier
Haven't found a nether fortress yet, I can see it on the map but it is miles away. Slimes I'm also yet to see, although I've heard they spawn in swamps ?

What's the real recipe for an Industrial Centrifuge ??? I was told to use the FTB recipes, but they don't work ??? (always nice to find this out after you've cleared out your supply of ores making the wrong thing again :o)

Soldato
I think I have enough red things to make one, but I've not tracked down a steel recipe yet

Haven't found a nether fortress yet, I can see it on the map but it is miles away. Slimes I'm also yet to see, although I've heard they spawn in swamps ?

What's the real recipe for an Industrial Centrifuge ??? I was told to use the FTB recipes, but they don't work ??? (always nice to find this out after you've cleared out your supply of ores making the wrong thing again :o)

the steel recipe might not be there any more. I believe it was part of the mods from the universal electricity pack which might have disappeared now. it was something like four pieces of charcoal or 4 pieces of coal around some iron or iron dust to get steel dust. it might not have even needed the philosophers stone come to think of it

there is an option in rei's minimap to show which chunks can spawn slimes. i dont know what minimap we have on their now but it might have the option somewhere

Associate
I've just had this, it listed umpteen mods that weren't loaded :(
Next time I followed the update FTB prompt (which I'd kept ignoring up to now, as nobody said otherwise)
This time it complained about dimensional anchors, liquidXP, ars magic

I found these in the 'temp link for extra mods needed' on linktart,
Unzipped and popped it into the ultimate-Minecraft folder (zip thing contains mods, core mods and config)
Overwrote anything it asked about.

This time it worked :)

Although in the scrolly list window it complains about Dropbox files. I looked into this and found that those Dropbox files have been disabled due to lots of traffic. What the significance of this is I don't know, because the game still starts.

That scrolly window lists a million other things it doesn't like but I don't know what they mean either.

Anyway, I've just made a coke oven in preparation for making a blast furnace (in 6 months time), but I've discovered it's a really neat thing to make anyway. One piece of coke has just melted 32 ingots of iron !!!? :eek: and it makes creosote too, which can run other engines (not got that far yet)

http://91.151.218.11/showpost.php?p=24376508&postcount=13068

me telling you all to do an update

Associate
the steel recipe might not be there any more. I believe it was part of the mods from the universal electricity pack which might have disappeared now. it was something like four pieces of charcoal or 4 pieces of coal around some iron or iron dust to get steel dust. it might not have even needed the philosophers stone come to think of it

there is an option in rei's minimap to show which chunks can spawn slimes. i dont know what minimap we have on their now but it might have the option somewhere

we don't uses reis map and the chunks are no longer valid that was all change ages ago

I am working on some details regards some of the issues i see posted here.
but my time is limited between finding why server was crashing and my little baby girl.

Associate
Does anyone have a good Wiki for information on farming, food and animals and stuff.

And is there a Wiki for all the new mods? I should stop moaning and actually read up. :D

the list is not completed but if you look at the server mod list
http://linktart.co.uk/server-mod-list/

it has links to most of the mods websites
or forum topic on MC

you can find the wikis for most of them from there or
just type the mod name + wiki after it in google.

Associate
Bit of a long shot, but was wondering whether anyone has any ideas on how to fix this input stutter that I'm experiencing.

Recorded a little bit of it in action, take a look at how juttery the apple moves:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2lgn5jmlub4yr/javaw%202013-05-31%2021-22-13-665.avi

Have tried everything I can think of (updating drivers, disabling hardware, updating bios, disabling overclock). It happens irregardless of mouse (ps2 or usb), only affects Minecraft and is worsened the lower the FPS. I can only think it's an issue with LWJGL (which I've udpated to 2.9.0) &/or openGL (running AMD 12.104 drivers).

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a slight stuttering and my smooth lighting was on 0% that's so put it up to 100% and fixedit that's with optifine installed though, Don't know if you have it installed or if its even the same thing, In your vid it looks like how mine moved for a bit.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom