Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
A3 - Walter White - Took about 2 hours - first hour sketching - second hour block colouring with the 3 lightest shades made up (why they are scruffy!, done using pro-markers (as usual)

walter_white_by_darkelmarko-d67ojsd.jpg

Soldato
Awesome dude

Think mines done now:

Not sure where to go next
Looking good mate, really like the area by the nose - seems to have a nice textured effect, also the strokes are well directioned (that a word?) - mine are all over the shop.

Get a few really dark tones in if you can - with a heavy 6/7/8b if you have one - should make the stripes pop out.

For the next one an eye is always good practice (lost count of how many of those I've done!).

Caporegime
Awesome, thanks mate much appreciated. Looking back at it some of the lines could have been better but i know how to change that for next time :)

I need to get some more pencils...only got a 4b at the moment! I think ill give an eye a go though, se how it goes :)

Associate
Hey all

I'm actually quite proud this time. I got an email from 3D total asking me to submit cleetus to their excellence award gallery and it made the front page of the site. Normally I don't boast but it's taken 6 years to get good enough to make it onto that gallery. These are the guys that make a lot of books for print.

Check it out:

http://www.3dtotal.com/

Soldato
Hey all

I'm actually quite proud this time. I got an email from 3D total asking me to submit cleetus to their excellence award gallery and it made the front page of the site. Normally I don't boast but it's taken 6 years to get good enough to make it onto that gallery. These are the guys that make a lot of books for print.

Check it out:

Nice one mate, you deserve it - some fantastic work there.

Awesome, thanks mate much appreciated. Looking back at it some of the lines could have been better but i know how to change that for next time :)

I need to get some more pencils...only got a 4b at the moment! I think ill give an eye a go though, se how it goes :)
Yeah, keeping the 4b sharp & pressing down hard should make it pretty close to a black tone - for that style the high contrasts needs the dark tones for the detail to pop out - I mean, for example - if you look at the Walter White one about - it's really basic & scrappy - just the blacks kinda in the right place which makes the rest automatically fit - your eyes do most of the work :), kinda the same if you do the hard black tones on the pencil with the tiger say.

V F

V F

Soldato
A quick one this, about 30mins using pro-markers, sketched the black section, filled it in - then free-drew the grey sections (pretty simple & easy this one tbh, also a bit scruffy for my liking).

star_wars_by_darkelmarko-d67ahyg.jpg

Mmm, love this!

Ever thought of doing coloured vector style versions?

Permabanned
Hey all

Check it out:

Congrats, now about that chainsaw to his neck?

Soldato
Quick ninja edit - had to fix the eye (Was wrong) - that's closer to the intended picture.

Mmm, love this!

Ever thought of doing coloured vector style versions?
Cheers mate,

Not done any vector art before, should learn really - will def give it a bash.

Thanks & thanks.

Walter White looks spot on.

The work on that site is incredible like most of these communities, scary how much it has changed in the last 6 years.
Thanks :) - yeah, it's incredibly how high the standard is nowadays - makes me feel like an ultimate amateur!.

Had to edit his eye (As above) was slightly ****-eyed lol (Was looking too close white doing it, didn't notice till I looked at a distance!)

Ok, now I'm done...., (finished the eyes off as they were still not quite right)

walter_final_by_darkelmarko-d67pb0t.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Btw, where do you guys get your materials from?, currently using Amazon (usually a decent price, but not on everything) or Hobby-craft (stupidly overpriced) - would be great to find a chain which is a bit more reasonably priced for pro-markers/thick bleed proof paper or acrylics.

Associate
Never done any traditional sculpting myself, although it's something I'd wish to try :)

Nice one Meekon, well done on the 3DTotal exposure! Well deserved the sculpt is great :D

I've managed to net myself an art position now I've graduated. I went to 3 interviews and got 3 offers ^^ Decided to take the one most local and cannot wait to start later this month >:D

Some recent stuff from me (some still WIP).

The character I'm creating for a 'Polycount' contest still a WIP:-
The HP sculpt
rCqIsSCl.jpg.png

The low poly
REv9JO1l.jpg.png

and some ZBrush practice...
IZamRTbl.jpg.png

Associate
Wow, amazing improvement! I'd be interested to know what technique you used to render the practice head. What matcap is it? Congrats on the job, you've worked extremely hard.

Back
Top Bottom