*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
Associate
So I assume if I have bought my S4 from Mobiles.co.uk that it is going to be the I9505 version? Or can I check when I get the phone, is there a label or something with it written on? I ask because I will want to root this and get a non bloat ware Rom on it but want to get the right model on XDA.

The bottom of the box will say either quad core or octo core. The quad is obviously the 9505 version.

Soldato
Well for the price and for what people are saying it seems like a decent case and a bit cheaper than the casemate I was going to go for. I think I am going to go through the jungle place as hear that some of the ones on ebay are fakes.

Whereas on the rainforest, the cases are real but the positive reviews are fakes.

Case-Mate Barely There for the S4 is infinitely better than Spigen's shilled crap and cheaper than the Neo Hybrid.

Soldato
I haven't just gone by the reviews on the rainforest place but also from XDA. Anyway I have ordered it now but I can always return it if its carp lol. I think it looks good from the pics but we shall see what its like in the flesh.

Also with the wanamlite rom do we know if the function of having 2 apps up at once still works on this rom? I really like that feature and would want to keep it but get rid of the bloatware.

Soldato
Development tends to be apps and kernels and stuff from what I can tell, the ROMs are in original development although I hate that forum, complicated just for the sake of it and full of surprisingly rude geeks.

Man of Honour
Development contains ROMs that are based on the original samsung ROM such as Wannamlite and Omega whereas Original development contains ROMs and kernels that are built from the ground up such as CyogenMod.

Soldato
XXUBMEA has been seen in the wild, apparently it has....dun dun dun.....move to sd card options for apps. downloading it now.

edit:

yep

screenshot2013060618282.png

edit: also comes with another camera update, an 'increase legibility' setting under settings >> display, some new icons in the settings app.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on ME2.

To root do I literally just flash this file via Odin?
Correct, or you could just flash a pre-rooted stock rom if you're looking to update as well. There's a nice MEA pre-rooted 'slim' deodexed stock rom available. Just flash in odin and that's it. You can then flash a custom recovery if you want.
Wait what, we can move apps to SD card now?!
Seems to be working fine in MEA. And MEA firmware definitely feels smoother to me.

Last edited:
Associate
Well got me s4 from Smartfonestore charged it in me taxi today seemed fine tried charging it tonight from power outlet an hey it's not charging after some googling it seems like a common problem , it's going back

Soldato
So my friend asked to borrow my phone to text a mate....:(

8p1pIS0.jpg

Only the glass is broken, everything else works fine. My taxi driver says he owns a phone shop and that it will cost £40 to repair, that sound about right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom