Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
Me and my Dad have just finished fitting new washer bottle pumps. What a pain in the backside that job was. Wipers off, scuttle panel off, wiper motor out, washer bottle out, then replace pumps.

At least that's one thing off the list for its MOT as the headlight washers weren't working and the windscreen washer was puny to say the least. Now both working brilliantly. Now just need the front/rear discs and pads fitted and drivers side driveshaft. It'll them maybe pass its MOT.

Last edited:
Associate
Is it possible to adjust the headlights physically forward/backward?

Swear since being in the bodyshop the lights sit too far forward...

Will have to tear the front end off and investigate at some point:

2013-06-04%2019.34.02.jpg

Also anyone else going to CSS13? My tickets arrived today.

Soldato
After I did my washer pumps the damn wipers developed an intermittent creak :(.

That happened to us, once we'd taken things to bits again we noticed that there is a post you need to slip the wiper motor onto. We hadn't done that and just bolted it back up. Hence a creak when the wipers were on. I do think we've refitted the wipers a little high, but they should be OK.

Commissario
Not going to CSS as I don't really know anyone there. I know the whole newbies are welcome but I don't think it'll be like that tbh.

Soldato
That happened to us, once we'd taken things to bits again we noticed that there is a post you need to slip the wiper motor onto. We hadn't done that and just bolted it back up. Hence a creak when the wipers were on. I do think we've refitted the wipers a little high, but they should be OK.

Ta. It's been on my to-do list forever, but now the weathers not **** I might finally get round to it!

Caporegime
Strip it and track day it. Loads of fun, and means plenty of space in the back for your bike :D

This is very very tempting, means I don't need to care about her as much. The seats are permanently down as it is anyway and she already has 15"s on. All she need is a suspension overhaul and new brakes. Ready to bike and track :)

Hmmm, it's that or get rid and buy a van....

Soldato
Troll post is obvious ;)

The fiesta is slower as standard however I dont see how it's any more of a 'shopping car with a body kit' than the clio!

Fiesta doesn't handle quite as well, is cheaper to insure, more reliable and cheaper to service, but drinks more fuel. Clio is faster, better equipped, and more of a drivers car. You make yourown choice!

Associate
from what i've seen, both are available from about £2500, obviously paying more for lower miles and that. fiesta seems to be better equipped than the 182 too, 6cd changer etc

Soldato
Clio has hid headlights and climate, most fiesta sts will only have manual air con and non have hid lights. I'm not sure about cruise control on the clio but I know no fiestaa have it.

Fiesta interior is better built (no melty steering wheels which can effect the clio) and imo the driving position is better too, but its definitely not better equipped!

Back
Top Bottom