*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread ***

Associate
Seems about right, I just got about 19MB per second on a benchmark. Still seems fast enough to prevent any slowdown in games though.

It's definitely fast enough, the initial loading will just take a little longer depending on the size of the app and how much it needs to move into memory.

Using foldermount with larger games it's noticeable but a small price to pay for extended storage.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to root first to back up some apps.

I've tried to download both pre-rooted MEA and MEA slim rom but both are giveing me error when unzipping. dang!

I'm just going to root my current ROM now with CF-ROOT.

Try again, I had the same problem with a corrupted file. He re-upped the files to the android host.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22979706399754842

Deodex slim is the way to go imo. You can add back any stock apps you want and a deodex file system is a must for most modded system files that support any mods like battery or themes etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try again, I had the same problem with a corrupted file. He re-upped the files to the android host.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22979706399754842

Deodex slim is the way to go imo. You can add back any stock apps you want and a deodex file system is a must for most modded system files that support any mods like battery or themes etc.

Cheers - flashed the full fat pre-rooted MEA for now as I'm going custom ROM when they update to MEA very soon. Probably flash Omega 5.0 on Sunday.

Unzip problem was with WinRAR - 7zip unzipped it fine.

Yay - black smearing has been reduced a lot.

VzJb3dM.png

Soldato
Smeaing is no different on mine. the icon theme im using on nova launcher has a lot of grey in it and stuff's jumping around all over the shop when I scroll the app draw :p you cant see it anywhere else, but it seems anything around 50% grey is where the smearing is the most obvious. It can be stopped almost entirely by using screen adjuster but that means having something else running constantly. Hopefully Samsung will get it right soon :p

Soldato
Stoosh - where you at buddy, rooted and rom'd yet?

You'll be pleased to hear that stock MEA feels more responsive than older ROMS.

EDIT - from here is CWM flashed using Odin? - just a bit confused as the file is a .img.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How does the performance compare to the HTC one now kona?

What has changed regarding the camera? Is the shutter speed quicker now?

Good to see that Samsung has fixed/improved some of the issues.

Soldato
How does the performance compare to the HTC one now kona?

What has changed regarding the camera? Is the shutter speed quicker now?

Good to see that Samsung has fixed/improved some of the issues.

Performance was always good on the last 2 firmwares I was running - MDE + ME2.

Now is seems the little micro stutter has been fix so just feels fast and snappy everywhere so far.

The smearing black problem hasn't been properly fixed - they seem to have done some sort of workaround in the menu for it not to happen any more - but it still happens in other places like in the apps drawer widgets section.

You don't open it old boy, that's it. Stick the tar file as pda in odin and jobs a goodun.

Oooops! Cheers mate for the quick answer. All installed now. Just waiting for the new MEA custom roms.

Back
Top Bottom