Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Anyone have any workflow tips when using a GoPro etc? Want to use something that won't require Photoshop type knowledge to use.

Here's my first attempt and whilst the quality isn't terrible, I've probably done too many stages of compression. I used GoPro's Cineform Studio + Windows Movie Maker :p
As you may be able to tell I'm the XC/Singletrack type.

What is the name of the tune/artist in this video?

Edit: NM It is shown at the end of the video...

Last edited:
Soldato
This was waiting for me for when I got home from work today:

39ce38e3-c979-42b1-a2d5-46dd3b6ba66b_zpsa930fc5f.jpg

2013 Kona Cinder Cone

It is completely in bits. Never built a bike from scratch before, so this will be fun....

Last edited:
Soldato
Full bike going back and they will replace frame and build it all back up for me. Can't say fairer than that. They are arranging couriers as well.

Soldato
Disks are scraping a bit, guessing a good ride will get rid of this?
No!

Setup the brakes properly!!

Loosen the caliper bolts off enough so you can move the caliper a little, pump the brake lever a few times so the pads grab the disc and finally keep the brake ON so the caliper doesn't move... whilst pulling on the brake tighten up the caliper bolts slowly(ish)... give the wheel a spin, you should now be more or less scrape free :) It might take a few goes to get it right.

Edit: bike looks gorgeous too :D

Soldato
Scotland, so could well be! Very happy with it!

TNT delivery = shockingly **** though and i mean shockingly ****. Delivery was ment to be on Thursday so my mrs kindly stayed in on her day off to wait for it, come 6PM i got a email saying they could not deliver it because their driver had ran out of driving hours. Was all lies and nonsense from them over about 10 calls to them. CS was absalouty useless.

Still, managed to get it in time ready to start my late weekend away.

Soldato
No!

Setup the brakes properly!!

Loosen the caliper bolts off enough so you can move the caliper a little, pump the brake lever a few times so the pads grab the disc and finally keep the brake ON so the caliper doesn't move... whilst pulling on the brake tighten up the caliper bolts slowly(ish)... give the wheel a spin, you should now be more or less scrape free :) It might take a few goes to get it right.

Edit: bike looks gorgeous too :D

Thanks for this. Worked great :)

Associate
Couple of nice looking new Schwalbe tyres on PB today, Magic Mary and Rock Razor, the Mary looks like a really good everything tyre for enduro bikes and downhill.

Anyone else hoping for an Atherton clean sweep at Fort Bill? Nice to see Hart top of qualifying again as well!

Caporegime
Couple of nice looking new Schwalbe tyres on PB today, Magic Mary and Rock Razor, the Mary looks like a really good everything tyre for enduro bikes and downhill.

Anyone else hoping for an Atherton clean sweep at Fort Bill? Nice to see Hart top of qualifying again as well!

Been researching tyres for a while now. Those Magic Mary's sound exactly what I'm looking for.

Associate
Yes they look rather good, PB words about them are positive, but that said when are journo words ever really that negative about something? I'll probably be just on the cusp of needing new tyres for the alps, tempted to give them a shot if they are out.

Soldato
True, but I've just taken a dislike to them entirely, and they irritate me to no end.
As for a Brit being on the top step, I'd rather see Fairclough be the one representing, or Bryceland for that matter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jumping back onto tyres.

Riding trail centre's such as Grizedale, Gisburn whinlatter etc. I fancy a change from Nobby nics. something doesn't feel right at the moment the bike doesn't feel planted anymore. Plus the sidewall gave out today so need some anyhow.

Any recommendations

Scott spark 30

Associate
I know what you mean about them, but I'm still happy to watch them, just take a bit of what they say with a side order of salt.

Fairclough would be awesome to see him on the podium but I don't think that will be all that likely, Hart might be able to pull it off, but realistically I'm thinking Atherton or Minnaar for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom