Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
You may have explained your process already elmarko (in which case I need to find it), but are you using a lightbox/grid system? Your creations look deadly accurate.

Soldato
You may have explained your process already elmarko (in which case I need to find it), but are you using a lightbox/grid system? Your creations look deadly accurate.
I put it a few pages back, it's just a case of isolating the layers using photo-shop (by playing with contrast brightness) - then drawing those layers onto paper (taking regular measurements in the key areas such as the eye to eye distance, eye to top of page, bottom/middle chin to bottom of page etc) - pencil sketching the black section after you have measured out the key marks (Gestural lines first (two layers of gestural) then fine detail lines (erasing the extra lines), block shading the black, then doing the other shades pretty roughly.

As I only use black & 4 or 5 shades of grey - it's easier to isolate the shades so you can just add them on one layer at a time.

The only part I'm meticulous with is the black layer, the rest is adlibbed - but no, I'm not using a light-box (not really much point as you don't learn anything doing that) - if you look at the hair sections close it's pretty obvious (I suck at doing hair).

Last edited:
Associate
Spent most my Sunday on this one.

Tyrion Lannister

Took about 11 hours... :(

tyrion_lannister_by_darkelmarko-d68efzb.jpg

Would pay lots of money...

OcUK Staff
Impressive TheMeekon. Even more impressive is that the legendary Rick Baker is saying that it should be friends with his latest sculpt, over on ZBC.
I prefer your Cletus character. He's got more charm and character. Think they're both great though, and wish I had the skill and talent to be able to anything like that.

Associate
Impressive TheMeekon. Even more impressive is that the legendary Rick Baker is saying that it should be friends with his latest sculpt, over on ZBC.
I prefer your Cletus character. He's got more charm and character. Think they're both great though, and wish I had the skill and talent to be able to anything like that.

holy cr*p I didn't realize who that was posting! Yeh Cletus is stronger, got to match that.

Soldato
I do have problems. Aye more veins, pores etc Only painted the base so far.
Really good as always!.

You should try a thin old wrinkly man, with a banjo or shotgun on a rocking chair - chewing straw.

Need to get the time to do another one, but at 11 hours for the last one I don't feel I can go back to the lower complexity stuff & the sketching for that one took hours :(.

It's important to follow the rule of "Each piece must be better than the last", which is hard to keep up as the time requirement increases which each one (more care drawing, more checks on proportions etc), I'll also have to get more than 5 shades of grey somehow, or cross-hatch/dot shade with those 5 to get another 5 shades odd.

I've still got a Captain Kirk to draw.

Last edited:
Associate

Do you post any work yourself?

Associate
No, I'm about as artistic as a breezeblock. I still enjoy trying and playing. I bought Zbrush back at version 2, and it was too complex back then. Now it's a beast of software. Glad all updates have been free. Scultptris is just fun though, love that.

I hated Zbrush with a passion at first but pushed through and now I'm in love. I feel the stress just drop off me when I close Maya and open Zbrush. I'm hopefully angling my way out of the typical 3D role for this reason. If I didn't have commitments I would have binned Maya a long time ago.

Sculptris is great, its pushed me to give Zbrush another go in 2011.

Soldato
something i painted for the girlfriend for her birthday. bit of a rip off but im quite proud of my self seeing as i have only ever painted something once before and that was a year ago for the same reason

EpHhLSd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom