*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
Bit of a long shot, but was wondering whether anyone has any ideas on how to fix this input stutter that I'm experiencing.

Recorded a little bit of it in action, take a look at how juttery the apple moves:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl2lgn5jmlub4yr/javaw%202013-05-31%2021-22-13-665.avi

Have tried everything I can think of (updating drivers, disabling hardware, updating bios, disabling overclock). It happens irregardless of mouse (ps2 or usb), only affects Minecraft and is worsened the lower the FPS. I can only think it's an issue with LWJGL (which I've udpated to 2.9.0) &/or openGL (running AMD 12.104 drivers).

turn off all your machines
i get that same stutter when i am at your place.
then turn each one on 1 at a time

Associate
Ok so the current server issue seems to be with Wireless redstone
there is a bug in the mod for dedicated servers

so to fix this you need to replace 3 files in the modpack

to fix
1. Goto the FTB folder
2 open Ultimate
3 open minecraft
4 open mods
5 delete 3 files (wirelessredstoneaddons.jar, wirelessredstonecore.jar, wirelessredstoneredpower.jar)

6 download this update file and extract it
linktart.co.uk/_files_/minecraft/modfiles/wireless_redstone.zip
MAKE sure to extract this folder and then copy the files to the mods folder

7 copy the 3 files into
7a. Goto the FTB folder
7b. open Ultimate
7c. open minecraft
7d. open mods

start minecraft

Last edited:
Soldato
Please can a Admin help. I was with Nick Slash in the mining world. All of a sudden it goes black and my health is gone. I'm dead. Lost everything. Spent all weekend on this game, got quantum and everything and now it's all gone for nothing. A stupid bug.

Please can a Admin get back to me. tibsy101

Associate
me telling you all to do an update
Ooo sorry, mine carried on working so I thought that was for somebody else's problem :o I understand things better when you put numbers in front of things, I could follow your last post OK :)
Spent all weekend on this game, got quantum and everything
You got quantum in a weekend !? :eek: I got a cow farm :( I'm doing this wrong somehow. Sorry about you losing all your things though.

I've discovered turtles. Not got my head around how they work yet, but it's a digging machine for a handful of iron ??? Wow :eek:
I think I've hit a dead end with Ars magic as now it expects me to find lots of ghast tears. Why do they bother putting in these unrealistic hurdles when I'm just going to give up and look at something else ? It starts off nice and easy then it just gets silly.
I feel a bit of an idiot this week, I was trying to give away a Logic Matrix Programmer last month as I thought they were rare or something, turns out they are everywhere and I've probably got ten of them now :o

About the server lagging then crashing, for me it's not like normal lag where it is stuttering as I can move around OK, it's things like spells, they have a 30 second delay before they do something ? Weird.

Server down, but Y has a new baby so the poor guy must be exhausted by now :)

Last edited:
Associate
Haven't played since losing all my stuff. You lose all inspiration. :(
I think last server I lost all my nano things in lava which was frustrating but I had it remade in a few days. I guess you've automated the making of UU matter, so it should just be a matter of waiting a few days ?

Soldato
That's good then. This game is so deadly addicting and these new mods (which I hated at the start) make it much more interesting.

Shame the server hasn't been very stable for a while. What's causing these issue?

Associate
UPDATE

First off apologies for the lag/down time issues as of the last few days.
I have been trying my best to track down the issues reported and have at lest with help from players started to track down some of the major issues.

What does this mean for the server wall a lot really.

I am working on a lot of tweaking for faster logging.
as well as making the server run more smoothly.

Currently there are a few things we can do to resolve this
1. chunkloaders (looks like they are not unloading when removed)
This i hope will be resolved on next reboot

2. IC2 energy net
This requires that ALL IC2 cables/machines be in a loaded chunk to work right
so this means you need to re do your IC2 setup to be in a loaded chunk.

3. player builds
while looking around a lot of players build are between chunks
so players will try loading more chunks when they really don't need to.
to find out if you are in a chunk or using half a chunk press F9 this will give a blue transparent wall around the edge of a chunk.

4. Void pipes
they are slow to off load any junk from your quarries
IF you have an AE system use an extractor + incinerator
this will allow you to remove stacks instead of single blocks

As FT said above. I am taking a copy of the whole setup and will be running it locally on my home server to run more probing tools and test process speeds. my home system is a lot less powerful then the server so if it can handle what i do to it then the server should be a lot more stable.

again apologies for the server issues and i hope to have them resolved very soon

Back
Top Bottom