**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Caporegime
I read that as well, and if that is exactly how it will work (effectively allowing your 10 best friends to access your game library for free), I can see huge benefits to that. Why buy a game if my friend has? Just wait until he's finished with it then play it myself. That's a potentially huge feature for MS, and possibly another example of a great long-term strategy getting lost in the really poor message they put across at E3.
Am I the only one that thinks this is a great way to get around region locks if youve got mates in a different region? :D

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Microsoft will attempt to back pedal all they wont, im pretty sure its already too late.
I think it's a bit early for saying they are back pedalling. I genuinely think at the moment that they really screwed up the message delivery and they need to get this stuff clarified ASAP.

Soldato
I think it's a bit early for saying they are back pedalling. I genuinely think at the moment that they really screwed up the message delivery and they need to get this stuff clarified ASAP.

Either way, that wouldnt be enough for me to cancel my PS4 pre-order even after 6 years on the Xbox 360

Caporegime
Does sound like this could be heavily exploited for single player game sharing.
Well it happened with Sonys 5 game activations per account so they dropped it to 3. Im sure its an issue between MS and publishers - its good news for consumers!
Theyve had how many weeks to get it right? Hard to have faith/be optimistic in anything MS are saying :(

Soldato
What are these extra "TV Features" people talk of on the XBox One?

What do you guys think about the lack of SSD or onboard flash storage on the PS4 and XB1? I see they are both going to sport mechanical disk drives as before. I wonder if we are going to have more of the same waiting/loading times, or will this improve?

Soldato
Am I the only one that thinks this is a great way to get around region locks if youve got mates in a different region? :D

I think Live accounts are assigned to a region as well although that can be changed by the end user. If I was MS and was truly heading to this idea of a digital library I would drop region locking for dig editions as the content is otherwise secured with DRM.

Man of Honour
What do you guys think about the lack of SSD or onboard flash storage on the PS4 and XB1? I see they are both going to sport mechanical disk drives as before. I wonder if we are going to have more of the same waiting/loading times, or will this improve?

I think it's simply down to cost. SSD drives are still really expensive when compared to mechanical drives, that's probably the bottom line.

Caporegime
I think Live accounts are assigned to a region as well although that can be changed by the end user. If I was MS and was truly heading to this idea of a digital library I would drop region locking for dig editions as the content is otherwise secured with DRM.
Am I not right in thinking you can have multiple XBL logins under the same one payment with the XO? Could you just not have one for each region? Sorry I dno how MS check that. I know on PS3 loads of people have US/Japan accounts for the demos, its obviously difficult to buy stuff on them but other than an address in that location they dont seem to stop you having those PSN accounts.

Caporegime
Some more detail and clarification is starting to appear around the DRM stuff. It appears that Microsoft is primarily aiming it at digital downloads in the future as a step towards allowing you to have a digital library of games you can play anywhere whilst reassuring the developers and publishers it won't be opened up to rampant piracy. Interestingly they didn't dismiss a "all you can eat" digital subscription model when it was suggested to them.

Interveiw at http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/
I know this has been discussed, but I wonder if the movement to digital downloads might be the reason why theyve moved away from MS points to real currency. Its far easier to restrict digital downloads to a particular region by currency than if its a converted to a single 'virtual' one.
Good question.... Dunno.. :D
Sorry just spitballing, not looking for a real answer - just enjoying the intellectual stimulation

Soldato
Could be, although I tend to think it was just a good opportunity to get rid of a virtual currency that served very little purpose other than to confuse people about prices.

Caporegime
I know this has been discussed, but I wonder if the movement to digital downloads might be the reason why theyve moved away from MS points to real currency. Its far easier to restrict digital downloads to a particular region by currency than if its a converted to a single 'virtual' one.

Sorry just spitballing, not looking for a real answer - just enjoying the intellectual stimulation

Do you still use Steam?

Back
Top Bottom